Andy Murray No. 1 / Chant or Song - Page 2 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andy Murray No. 1 / Chant or Song

WeeJohnny

4 minutes ago, nickyt said:

So you are saying  all the  Scottish armed forces  that has stood and fought  and died with the rest of the our  home nations  for us to start  picking on a tennis player  no fult of his own does not choose anthem  which is played  if he wins  , the  anthem  could of been  ? If we lost WW2  would that make you happy .

Politics has no place in sport. This is purely from a Sporting point of view, as it happens he could have telt team gb to GTF!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Anders said:

Only in Scotland could we not be proud of someone who is the best in the world in their field 

some of the stuff on here is embarrassing....

Andy Murray is a proud Scotsman and we should be proud of him.

should we sing about him at Wembley?!? who knows as it doesn't seem relevant 

however if it winds up " them " then let's do it 

"Henman was a c0ck and the other bloke was ....  Canadian" might not catch on tho ?

I couldnae agree more with Anders - It was just an idea to sing about him as he is a very proud Scot and huge football fan and it's a long time since we've had a no.1 in any major sport. 20 years ago who would have put money on Scotland having a Wimbledon champ, Olympic champ and world no.1 tennis player before the English ?

I put the thread on just as a suggestion as I was pretty proud of OUR boy yesterday and am more than happy to go with the flow but some of the posts on this have been, as Anders says, "embarrassing" - are we never bl00dy happy ?

He is getting panned by some for wining the Davis cup with his brother under the guise of team GB. What was he supposed.to do ? Not compete? Should he no have played in the Olympics too ? FFS A SCOT - winning those and we're still ln happy. .   

He came out with the "anybody but England quote" which believe me a lot of Englanders absolutely hate him for.

Even leaving the referendum out the lad simply cannae win..

10 hours ago, nickyt said:

So you are saying  all the  Scottish armed forces  that has stood and fought  and died with the rest of the our  home nations  for us to start  picking on a tennis player  no fult of his own does not choose anthem  which is played  if he wins  , the  anthem  could of been  ? If we lost WW2  would that make you happy .

I'm gonna assume this says what I think it's meant to say,but it is his fault. 

He could refuse to play for a team that isn't his country. 

1 hour ago, WeeJohmny said:

I couldnae agree more with Anders - It was just an idea to sing about him as he is a very proud Scot and huge football fan and it's a long time since we've had a no.1 in any major sport. 20 years ago who would have put money on Scotland having a Wimbledon champ, Olympic champ and world no.1 tennis player before the English ?

I put the thread on just as a suggestion as I was pretty proud of OUR boy yesterday and am more than happy to go with the flow but some of the posts on this have been, as Anders says, "embarrassing" - are we never bl00dy happy ?

He is getting panned by some for wining the Davis cup with his brother under the guise of team GB. What was he supposed.to do ? Not compete? Should he no have played in the Olympics too ? FFS A SCOT - winning those and we're still ln happy. .   

He came out with the "anybody but England quote" which believe me a lot of Englanders absolutely hate him for.

Even leaving the referendum out the lad simply cannae win..

Plus it is well-documented that he is pro-independence.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Irrelevant. There have been many songs from Tartan Army in England matches berating somebody English not associated with football such as Jimmy Saville. And since when has doe-a-deer had fanny all to do with football?

Ask the fans who sing such songs in the stadium. I focus all my positive energy on supporting the boys sporting our proud jersey who are on the park 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

2 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Not the sport in that we will be watching 

But people will sing  "do a deer"  whats that got to do with football !!!

Anyway i am not saying you should sing about him , it is just some of the fecking stupid comments on here as to the whole GB thing 

2 minutes ago, wellyman said:

But people will sing  "do a deer"  whats that got to do with football !!!

Anyway i am not saying you should sing about him , it is just some of the fecking stupid comments on here as to the whole GB thing 

As I said in my two posts above ask the fans who sing songs such as doe-a-deer in the stadium. I back the boys in the blue(or pink) on the park

2 hours ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

What was this team he played for?

I can see a simplistic thing working here for you. 

I'll say team gb,you'll say but we are British. 

If that's the case,why would we laugh at henman,southgate and all the other ridiculous chants that have been suggested,after all were all "supposedly British",in fact,why should we even care who wins. 

It cant be had both ways. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

If that's the case,why would we laugh at henman,southgate and all the other ridiculous chants that have been suggested,after all were all "supposedly British",in fact,why should we even care who wins. 

Nope. That makes even less sense. You're havering wee man

21 hours ago, Anders said:

Only in Scotland could we not be proud of someone who is the best in the world in their field 

some of the stuff on here is embarrassing....

Andy Murray is a proud Scotsman and we should be proud of him.

should we sing about him at Wembley?!? who knows as it doesn't seem relevant 

however if it winds up " them " then let's do it 

"Henman was a c0ck and the other bloke was ....  Canadian" might not catch on tho ?

Well said! Unreal some of the stuff on here! Plenty foot soldiers, with and without military backgrounds will have sung GSTQ but does that make them any less passionate or patriotic about all things Scottish, wether it's tiddlywinks, tennis or futba?! As said above, any songs that create an atmosphere go for it! Murray being No.1 is a bonus but just because there is no Scottish Lawn Tennis Assoc and a Britain wide LTA is not his fault!

8 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Your a grade 1 fanny! Keep your politics to yourself.can I ask you who do you want to win ryder cup or do you slag all the Scots including your own paul Laurie for playing for another team! Fkn laughable I am scots through and through but also cheer on Scotsmen rep team gb and Europe and whatever else they are in. Must be hard being bitter.

On 05/11/2016 at 6:58 PM, sbcmfc said:

Andy Murray's magic,

he waves a magic bat,

he's better than Tim henman,

Cos He's a fcuking twat.

Hes the best at tennis,

in fact he's number one,

but after independence,

we'll ket you keep his mum.

Like this!!! LOL

11 hours ago, gaz7 said:

Your a grade 1 fanny! Keep your politics to yourself.can I ask you who do you want to win ryder cup or do you slag all the Scots including your own paul Laurie for playing for another team! Fkn laughable I am scots through and through but also cheer on Scotsmen rep team gb and Europe and whatever else they are in. Must be hard being bitter.

I want Europe to win the Ryder cup. 

Nice to see you to lower yourself to personal insults because someone has a different opinion to you. 

You sound like a top class guy. 

Sing about a bloke who has not lived in Scotland since he was 14.....Why dont we also sing a song about Chris Hoy. At least he lives here and what about Ricky Burns.....Or we could just forget all that crap and concentrate on backing the players on the night