Gauld - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gauld

er yir macaroon

10 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

I actually wouldn't be that against mcinnes or hughes getting a shot actually and which decent foreign managers would be willing to take it on, not as if we can chuck money at them to entice them like other countries like russia, south korea etc can/have

agree with your last point lol

I'm not suggesting that we appoint a "big name", just someone who knows their football arse from their elbow. McInnes or Hughes would just be George Burley all over again.

The world is full of thousands of football managers and some would be interested in the position.

The automatic reaction of "we need a new Scotland manager - now let's write down a list of current Scottish managers" is just bollocks. People who are living in the past.

Move with the times and get a foreign lad in.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm not suggesting that we appoint a "big name", just someone who knows their football arse from their elbow. McInnes or Hughes would just be George Burley all over again.

The world is full of thousands of football managers and some would be interested in the position.

The automatic reaction of "we need a new Scotland manager - now let's write down a list of current Scottish managers" is just bollocks. People who are living in the past.

Move with the times and get a foreign lad in.

Getting a foreign manager in doesn't mean you are moving with the times. Northern Ireland and Wales don't have foreign managers and look what they just did. 

Move with the times and get a modern tanking manager in of any nationality. One who doesn't think the OF match or any other match is more important than a Scotland match, one who treats every single player the same as the next.

Personally i dont think Gauld was played in his best position in that game needs to be much further up the pitch. The slight concerning thing is he doesnt seem to be getting any game time at this new club if he doesnt before the end of Jan transfer window then it needs something doing about it.

Regards the manager i think we should be deciding on a style of playing, coaching, mentality and hiring a manager who meets that style dont raelly care if scottish or not just need the best man for the job and we dont need to be hiring them because they are a so called big name 

37 minutes ago, borojock said:

Personally i dont think Gauld was played in his best position in that game needs to be much further up the pitch. The slight concerning thing is he doesnt seem to be getting any game time at this new club if he doesnt before the end of Jan transfer window then it needs something doing about it.

Regards the manager i think we should be deciding on a style of playing, coaching, mentality and hiring a manager who meets that style dont raelly care if scottish or not just need the best man for the job and we dont need to be hiring them because they are a so called big name 

He looked pretty good when I saw him play in the first team at Sporting (think it was league cup) and he was also the best player on the park against N. Ireland.  If this loan doesn't work out he'd be better off somewhere like Hearts for the second half of the season.

26 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

He looked pretty good when I saw him play in the first team at Sporting (think it was league cup) and he was also the best player on the park against N. Ireland.  If this loan doesn't work out he'd be better off somewhere like Hearts for the second half of the season.

he's need to grow another ft to play for hearts lol

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

Not sure if you mean that players do it or that I think they do it?

I mean if that is the reason that a player comes out with then that is wrong, very wrong. It was the same when Boyd threw his toys out of the pram. He walked out on his country, not a manager.