Anthems - Page 2 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anthems

Ormond

Guest BlueGaz
9 hours ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

And what do you hope to achieve by doing this? 

Self satisfaction?  and to show the authorities that they can take his life, but, they will never take his you know what !!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

So, people who don't boo their anthem don't care if we lose? This makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm not surprised it makes no sense given you have completely, perhaps deliberately, misinterpreted what I was saying.

The post above was in agreement with another poster about people caring too much about the "TA" reputation in general, not about whether or not God Save The Queen is booed.

Just for clarity, you can still stand and respect it if you like and hope for a Scotland win, but I and many others will be shouting it down. If that means people think negative thoughts about us then I think I'll get over it.

25 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Self satisfaction?  and to show the authorities that they can take his life, but, they will never take his you know what !!!!

Don't worry RedWhiteandBlueGaz. I'm sure you'll get to hear it (and join in with it) all weekend. 

Maybe even meet up with some England fans and make Braveheart jokes. You'll have a blast.

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, Spark said:

Don't worry RedWhiteandBlueGaz. I'm sure you'll get to hear it (and join in with it) all weekend. 

Maybe even meet up with some England fans and make Braveheart jokes. You'll have a blast.

:lol::lol: Haha, shut up you silly little boy.

9 hours ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

It's an anthem I don't respect either - for the same reasons as you. Think I'll stand in the concourse for this one or listen to something I like on the headphones instead though. Booing, I'm afraid, will just come across as petty and a bit sad and I wouldn't want anybody thinking that of the TA.

I'll take petty, although i won't feel sad booing it.

1 hour ago, Spark said:

I'm not surprised it makes no sense given you have completely, perhaps deliberately, misinterpreted what I was saying.

The post above was in agreement with another poster about people caring too much about the "TA" reputation in general, not about whether or not God Save The Queen is booed.

Just for clarity, you can still stand and respect it if you like and hope for a Scotland win, but I and many others will be shouting it down. If that means people think negative thoughts about us then I think I'll get over it.

Well, good luck with shouting down £80k+ home fans! Unfortunately, it will all be rather embarrassing though as the England fans laugh at us (rather than have negative thoughts about us) and wonder what on earth our problem is.

11 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

Well, good luck with shouting down £80k+ home fans! Unfortunately, it will all be rather embarrassing though as the England fans laugh at us (rather than have negative thoughts about us) and wonder what on earth our problem is.

I couldn't care less what England fans think of us. 

22 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

I'll be laughing at them singing about a monarch reigning over them. They'll probably care as much as I do about them laughing at me but that's fine. 

12 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

I'm afraid that's likely to be pish. At the last friendly at Wembley, our anthem was played first and roundly booed by their fans. 

1 minute ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

And thats why they are dickheads. I would rather we didn't copy them. 

I'm inclined to agree. However your post implied it'd only be us booing and they'd be looking at us with pity and wondering what our problem is. 

4 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

No you won't - you'll be too busy booing in anger!

OK well it think we'll just leave it at that. Enjoy your trip and I hope you get the positive reaction from the opposition fans that you care so much for.

3 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

:lol::lol: Haha, shut up you silly little boy.

You came on with the usual Scottish cringe. Throw in a remark about Braveheart. I'm surprised you didn't go the whole hog and just call us haggis munchers. Spark answered with the opposite of being silly I'm afraid. 

Guest BlueGaz
39 minutes ago, Ormond said:

You came on with the usual Scottish cringe. Throw in a remark about Braveheart. I'm surprised you didn't go the whole hog and just call us haggis munchers. Spark answered with the opposite of being silly I'm afraid. 

As usual, haven't got a clue what you are talking about.  Not surprised you are sticking up for him though, is it when you come up for a breath after sucking his cock?

Edited by BlueGaz

3 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

As usual, haven't got a clue what you are talking about.  Not surprised you are sticking up for him though, is it when you come up for a breath after sucking his cock?

Coming from someone who called me a silly little boy? 

Self awareness isn't your thing I presume.

For me its all about the Arrogance of the English presuming GSTQ is their anthem, its the Anthem of the whole UK.....

Now i cant stand the whole monarchy think and have no time for religion and even less for the UK.

If England had their own national Anthem, then i would be fine and be respectful to it  as i am with every other national anthem i have heard being sung,  

GSTQ is Not ENGLAND'S Anthem , so booing it is justified as its their arrogance we are booing,

however last time i just turned my back....  and lifted my kilt..  a much better salute to the situation......  lets get 8000 fans doing that......  no booing, unless its an arse boo....

Edited by stocky

21 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'm inclined to agree. However your post implied it'd only be us booing and they'd be looking at us with pity and wondering what our problem is. 

Not sure that was implied at all. They might boo as well, although not at the same time as us obviously. Who knows. Each to their own - I just think booing is pointless and simply acknowledges that GSTQ  gets under our skin or, worse still, might even fire up the England players.