National Anthem - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

National Anthem

Stella Artois 1366

having read some of the narrow minded self serving pish on this thread after swithering last week now Im even more glad I voted No , so thanks for that ,

if your support and respect for fellow Scotland fans is conditional on getting your own way then you truly are a luddite - I voted No as the argument wasnt made for me - I will always keep my heart and mind open and I hope one day we can be independent ,but for me in the here and now it doesnt add up was sure of that even before the pledge

your vote doesnt give the monoply on being Scottish, the vote wasnt on who is or isnt Scottish infact the Yes campaign used this many times in their argument so you cant have it both ways - many English voted Yes too, I respect those who voted and campaigned for Yes , but if you are going to predjudice others based on their opinion then your are just as bad as the idiots on George sq on Friday night same mentality- different flag

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to move on. The vote has gone. We are still were we were last week. We are proudly Scottish and have 2 massive games coming up. The best way to show how we feel and how proud of who we are and where we are from is to get behind the team and with that behind Scotland.

Time to move on. The vote has gone. We are still were we were last week. We are proudly Scottish and have 2 massive games coming up. The best way to show how we feel and how proud of who we are and where we are from is to get behind the team and with that behind Scotland.

Agree. France 2016, lets get behind Gordan and the team more than ever now.

I understand why emotions are running high, I agree many of oor countryfolk let us down big style and I see many of these posts made 1 day after the referendum but seriously dissappointed that some of yoos are no gonnae sing ?

I WILL be singing for the 45% who had the balls to say YES , for the backing of oor team and to show the rest of the world, especially the English, they may have won this round but oor time will come. What next , we're not gonna chant Scotland, Scotland cos we lost 1 referendum..come on ??? We WILL rise and be a nation again, once the sheep grow some balls.

The whole bloody thing was a joke from the start, I am 47 and worked in Scotland most of my life but through financial reasons was forced to seek work abroad. For that reason I was not entitled to vote...yet 360,000 english living in Scotland were ??? aye right. Democracy in action. The vote should have been for Scots only and from everywhere.

Hope we all pull together and belt FOS out

I understand why emotions are running high, I agree many of oor countryfolk let us down big style and I see many of these posts made 1 day after the referendum but seriously dissappointed that some of yoos are no gonnae sing ?

I WILL be singing for the 45% who had the balls to say YES , for the backing of oor team and to show the rest of the world, especially the English, they may have won this round but oor time will come. What next , we're not gonna chant Scotland, Scotland cos we lost 1 referendum..come on ??? We WILL rise and be a nation again, once the sheep grow some balls.

The whole bloody thing was a joke from the start, I am 47 and worked in Scotland most of my life but through financial reasons was forced to seek work abroad. For that reason I was not entitled to vote...yet 360,000 english living in Scotland were ??? aye right. Democracy in action. The vote should have been for Scots only and from everywhere.

Hope we all pull together and belt FOS out

Great post - I will sing it with more gusto than ever. I have gone full circle on this issue and could not bear the thought of singing that line - now however I see the importance and I can't wait to sing it actually - a cleansing uplifting moment I am sure

Put it another way - we have all sung the song through the 90's and 00's with great feeling when Independence was so much further away. I mean what were the opinion polls standing at? Nowhere near 45% i would guess. Now we are at 45% so surely the words can and should be sung with even more belief.

This is very true.

Something amazing has happened in the last couple of weeks.

On reflection after a few days thinking about it I am gutted about the outcome, I just can't hide my disappointment.

Where do we go from here as a 'country'? (more a colony in my opinion to be honest) Personally, on Friday morning, I lost a whole lot of hope, spirit and enthusiasm. Just when I had properly engaged in politics for the first time and seen this bright new light and opportunity for Scotland it disappeared. The idea of independence excited me greatly.

Now I feel like the majority of Scotland has no desire to improve things for ourselves or just genuinely can't be bothered having to actually take an interest.

Eyes shut, back in box, carry on without having a flipping scooby what's going on again politically. It's all rather uninspiring.

Scotland is the only place in the world that will moan like f**k about everything but not have the bottle to do anything about it, between football and this I'd say we were the worlds biggest bottlers. We wait until our biggest moments to mess things up. Definitely not Scotland the Brave anyway which I believed whilst growing up. I thought before this actually came up when I was younger that presented with this chance (which I never thought we'd get) we the proud Scots would stand up and take things into our own hands. I thought it would be a landslide win for YES. I certainly never thought OVER HALF the country would VOTE AGAINST our nations independence anyway especially with our proud history.

I know some people are genuinely happy with the way things were/are at the moment (I understand Farmers voting No etc even if I do think it's maybe short sighted from them I get that) or how things were/are personally for themselves but the VAST majority of instances for voting No I've saw have been from people who said we weren't capable or couldn't manage or were scared which is truly frightening to hear.

Who's brainwashed people into thinking we aren't capable FFS? We have EVERYTHING we need to be a success, I didn't get the whole people being to scared to 'risk' it argument, personally I think staying in a country that has no real control over itself is MUCH more of a risk. Maybe that's just me though. I think we will see some big changes for the worse that we have no say on now.

Shite times for this country. Possibly the shittest few days of my 22 year old life as silly and sad as that may sound. I'm also disgusted by the media, referendum or not it shows that the people at the top feed news to people that suits their own messed up agenda. The official BT campaign should also hang their heads in shame, scaring and threatening pensioners amongst some other things are truly the lowest of low. They had the establishment to back up their lies though conveniently.

Looking around to other countries and finding myself extremely extremely extremely embarrassed right now, I mean there's Ireland just across the water, they faced genuine resistance in the way of them being able to "be a nation again", but they went and did it because they knew they could do it, they fought and died for it ironically enough. All we faced was the least convincing embarrassingly negative political campaign possibly ever seen which basically said to us "careful now lads"... and what did we do? We shat our wee pants. We couldn't even cross enough boxes with a pencil FFS what a pathetic excuse of a 'nation'. There's little tiny Malta with nowhere near what we have celebrating their Independence Day yesterday and partying away..

Controversial but No voters still think we can be this proud wee quirky nation because we can still dress up in kilts and play the bagpipes, 90 minute Scots etc, but when it comes to demanding the right to have our own powers and make politicians accountable to us (what being a nation/country should be about, that's all it was at the end of the day, not this big scary thing people were making out) we don't want it. We'd rather let someone else do the hard work and thinking for us. It's not about Scottishness/Britishness it's about wanting to be able to influence any change to the way we live!

The big saving grace is the turnout, atleast 85 percent made their voices heard. I am genuinely 100 percent proud of that. But of the outcome I'm anything but. But that's the democratic will of the people of Scotland right now and I accept that, I know I am in the MINORITY right now in saying all this.

We've became a colony or a region of the UK, we had the chance to change that for the 1st time and to be a country but we chose not to. A colony by definition is a territory (Scotland) under the immediate political control of a state, distinct from the home territory of the sovereign. (England)

England controls us. What THE GOOD PEOPLE OF ENGLAND want is what WE get. Westminster controls our parliament. Our parliament survives off of grants and 'devolved powers' from another one that controls it. THEY decide what WE can do. They're already going back on everything they've said, they've lied, but now we are POWERLESS to change it as we are such a small irrelevant part of the UK. We have a voice of 5 million in a Union of 65 million. I think it really hit home when reading comments on social media from English people saying that we belong to them, how can we argue that? We can't.

I'm sorry for the novel and being an opinionated wee tadger but I love Scotland and feel like and know we can do so much better than this. I want Scotland to be a NORMAL country. YES reached 45% we are not toooo far off it, it's a large minority, it won't go off the agenda just like how the previous devolution ones never.

We and I may never see another referendum in our lifetimes, maybe not for another 100 year but I'll live in hope and right up until the day I die I'll try to do my upmost best to work on helping Scotland towards Independence and in my opinion a fairer society.

In the meantime I'll come together with everyone else after the NO, I'll hope the 55 percent stand up and be counted to make Westminster accountable to improve things for Scotland and our people and get on with my life.

I don't have much faith of that happening or of any change here though I'm afraid to say. Well change for the better anyway..

Which feels horrible after turning down such a huge huge opportunity. I hope nobody regrets their vote but I have a feeling that in 10 year time there'll be a higher proportion of Scots claiming they voted Yes than the percentage of Celtic fans claiming they were in Seville..

Great post

Put it another way - we have all sung the song through the 90's and 00's with great feeling when Independence was so much further away. I mean what were the opinion polls standing at? Nowhere near 45% i would guess. Now we are at 45% so surely the words can and should be sung with even more belief.

Correct the fight is not over

We have now chosen though. That is the difference.

I for one is just as dissapointed like everyone else about what has happened but do people not see what has happened yes we have lost a vote but 45% of Scotland voted yes maybe more if not with all the rumours of cheating....so what I'm saying the song fos is about rising and surely most of us can see a few years back we would be nothing near what we have done not only to make a lot of people feel very passionate of Scotland but to engla d and the rest of the world to realise that this small country is not lying down....so yes all turn up and don't sing fos then the English and the rest of the world will be laughing....why don't we show the world that the Scots are not taking it by singing the song even louder than ever every Scot at the game put there arms around each other to show we are in this together .then when gstq is playing we all turn our backs..get as many saltires flying as possible ....I believe our day is coming .....45

Edited by clansmin

Have little think this is what they want and I for one are not giving to them ...don't sing it and it's right in there palms .....heads high join together and sing fekn loud Thig ar latha (our day will come)especially at the England game get as many saltires flying we are better than this.....a very proud yes man ...at least if you voted yes you will stand there with your head high and if you voted no hang yer head in shame....come on fos louder than ever

Have little think this is what they want and I for one are not giving to them ...don't sing it and it's right in there palms .....heads high join together and sing fekn loud Thig ar latha (our day will come)especially at the England game get as many saltires flying we are better than this.....a very proud yes man ...at least if you voted yes you will stand there with your head high and if you voted no hang yer head in shame....come on fos louder than ever

Well said.

We should not roll over and die for these s