Opening League Games - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Opening League Games

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Haha bravado? I guess we are both guilty of that then. But aye sounds good fella. You can pay your £10 to Strathcarron Hospice at your leisure ;)

McCann's assessment of the opening goal was ludicrous. Got it slowed right down so it showed the keeper, Armstrong and the ball were right in line then said 'he (goalkeeper) has a clear view of it.'

You're on. 

My confidence is based on being better than 10 of the 11 other teams in the Premiership last season. Yours is based on overcoming Alloa and Dumbarton ;)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, fringo said:

I have to confess that I missed a few bits as I was flicking back and forth to the Olympic cycling.

I mist have missed the Championship games which they've been showing for the last 3 seasons.

It's shameful fringo.  Bbc are a bunch of ar*eholes.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

You're on. 

My confidence is based on being better than 10 of the 11 other teams in the Premiership last season. Yours is based on overcoming Alloa and Dumbarton ;)

We also beat Livingston I'll have you know. 

Up ye Burchill :)

Edited by Angus_Young

7 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

Dominated the second half as evidenced by seliks time wasting and was impressed with some of our new boys .A few games under their belt and we should be doing ok.

Nice to hear about terrorist organisations from the small band of traveling fans kettled in the corner of the stadium though .

Nice to see the Jambo filth took the winning goal well, spitting at and trying to punch Sinclair as he ran past. I expect a statement from Ann Budge!

The Edinburgh club were baffled to learn that Celtic new boy Scott Sinclair, who came off the bench to score a late debut winner yesterday, was eligible to play at Tynecastle despite his club seemingly failing to register him before the close of play on Friday. Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers confirmed as much when suggesting that he was of the understanding that Sinclair was only registered on the morning of the match, shortly before the club officially announced his signing. “We were told the SFA shuts at 5pm on a Friday – obviously, it doesn’t,” said Neilson. “I was surprised a little bit to see Sinclair’s name on the team sheet. What are the rules? Is it as it goes along? “Apparently, if someone turns up at the SFA on a Saturday they can put it through, but we didn’t know that. We know now, so the next time we get a player we’ll register him on a Saturday morning.”

3 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

The Edinburgh club were baffled to learn that Celtic new boy Scott Sinclair, who came off the bench to score a late debut winner yesterday, was eligible to play at Tynecastle despite his club seemingly failing to register him before the close of play on Friday. Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers confirmed as much when suggesting that he was of the understanding that Sinclair was only registered on the morning of the match, shortly before the club officially announced his signing. “We were told the SFA shuts at 5pm on a Friday – obviously, it doesn’t,” said Neilson. “I was surprised a little bit to see Sinclair’s name on the team sheet. What are the rules? Is it as it goes along? “Apparently, if someone turns up at the SFA on a Saturday they can put it through, but we didn’t know that. We know now, so the next time we get a player we’ll register him on a Saturday morning.”

Neilson not really doing himself any more favours with this kind of stuff. Makes him sound as if he isn't very good at the sort of sh1t he thinks he excels at.  

1 minute ago, SMcoolJ said:

Neilson not really doing himself any more favours with this kind of stuff. Makes him sound as if he isn't very good at the sort of sh1t he thinks he excels at.  

He's right though. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He's right though. 

Is he?  If so, surely there's some ongoing inquiry and Celtic will be deducted points for playing an illegible player?  Sounds from the above that Neilson is accepting of the fact but just unhappy that he didn't know about it or think of it himself.

Not sure if I'm disappointed or not with our result on Sunday.  I probably am on balance but could argue that missing Hayes, McGinn not currently at the races, tough game in tough conditions on Thursday night and up against a well organised team with arguably the best manager in the league means a decent away point was earned.  

We are still two players short.  We need O'Conner to decide if he's a centre half or a holding midfielder - whichever he isn't, we need someone else in that role. I think we still struggle creatively.  Burns and Storie (while looking good) appear to be competition/cover for Hayes and McGinn. I think we need a creative midfielder playing in front of the holding two. 

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

St Johnstone seem to have replaced Motherwell as Aberdeen's Bogey team.

From the sportscene highlights looked like saints had the better of the chances.

They had the better clear cut chances yes.  But they were typical break away type chances.  It's a game Aberdeen should really have found enough with the possession and territory to win.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I'm presuming Neilson is insinuating that Hearts had been told any paperwork had to be done by 5pm Friday in the recent past?

Clearly, with a dash of 'one rule for us, one rule for them' thrown in. 

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

They had the better clear cut chances yes.  But they were typical break away type chances.  It's a game Aberdeen should really have found enough with the possession and territory to win.

I only seen half an hour and would say you are pretty much spot on. You played at a good pace and both teams were committed but there wasn't really too much clear cut for you boys. 

14 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

I only seen half an hour and would say you are pretty much spot on. You played at a good pace and both teams were committed but there wasn't really too much clear cut for you boys. 

Correct. Without McGinn and Hayes, we really struggle to create chances. 

Hopefully we'll see the end of the failed Kenny McLean experiment. He's a technically proficient footballer but he offers us absolutely nothing. 

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I'm presuming Neilson is insinuating that Hearts had been told any paperwork had to be done by 5pm Friday in the recent past?

If that's the case and something different has been done for Celtic then this is just yet another shambles.  How do they think this could be anything other than totally unacceptable??  

28 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

If that's the case and something different has been done for Celtic then this is just yet another shambles.  How do they think this could be anything other than totally unacceptable??  

It seems more, that Hearts didn't know they could register a player on a Saturday, rather than were told they couldn't?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/robbie-neilson-says-bemused-see-8583202#8TksjjTAw2uu6dcz.97

15 hours ago, slasher said:

Nice to see the Jambo filth took the winning goal well, spitting at and trying to punch Sinclair as he ran past. I expect a statement from Ann Budge!

great spot. from the footage everyone else probably just saw him run past but you saw spitting and attempting punching presumably because that's the type of thing you would have done. If you have the evidence to suggest otherwise would be good to see......

53 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

great spot. from the footage everyone else probably just saw him run past but you saw spitting and attempting punching presumably because that's the type of thing you would have done. If you have the evidence to suggest otherwise would be good to see......

From the footage I've seen a couple of guys do have half-hearted swings at Sinclair. I suspect they would have shat themselves had they actually connected, but they do definitely have a swipe. And you can clearly see something that looks like a gob of spit too, although it is impossible to be sure that's what it is. I'd be happy for anyone that there is proper evidence against to be booted by the club, and I've no doubt that they will be if appropriate.

35 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

From the footage I've seen a couple of guys do have half-hearted swings at Sinclair. I suspect they would have shat themselves had they actually connected, but they do definitely have a swipe. And you can clearly see something that looks like a gob of spit too, although it is impossible to be sure that's what it is. I'd be happy for anyone that there is proper evidence against to be booted by the club, and I've no doubt that they will be if appropriate.

i saw the sky and bbc footage and nothing suggested that. if other footage available then am sure this will be highlighted now/very shortly. something tells me though the interpretation of any act will be skewed depending on the viewer's mindset.