Lowest Low Ever - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lowest Low Ever

Just seen a picture of Salmond thats being tweeted. Utterly soul destroying. He looks broken. First time Ive genuinely felt sorry for the man.

Back of a car?

I expect him to resign later this morning. I will be eternally grateful for what he has achieved, sadly the people preferred being subservient than leading.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it probably is. I voted yes but heart ruled over head. I wasn't convinced by the yes campaign at all. I thought Salmond tried to bluff his way around hugely important issues such as currency and EU membership by appealing to base nationalist instincts.

There will be another referendum in 20-30 years and hopefully then we'll have a more convincing campaign. I think Salmond's done extremely well to bring Scotland to this stage but it will take a more heavyweight politician to see us over the line.

What else could he do?

The UK government could have asked about the EU, but they chose not to. He answered the currency question. He couldn't get the message out due to a complicit media. He isn't a miracle worker.

The SNP have governed the country too well.

Maybe what should happen we should be more British and do this same as happens elsewhere.

Perhaps charging tuition fees, taking away free prescriptions, imposing the bedroom tax and cutting welfare would change a few folks minds about being part of the Union.

Aye to hell with it, I'll vote Tory now. I'll probably do quite well out of it and the rest of the country can suffer.

What else could he do?

The UK government could have asked about the EU, but they chose not to. He answered the currency question. He couldn't get the message out due to a complicit media. He isn't a miracle worker.

I watched him being interviewed on Dimbleby the other day. When he was asked if there were any challenges to independence he mentioned population demographics. That was it. I couldn't believe he got away with that, it's fantasy politics.

His preferred currency option relied on the Westminster government agreeing, which they had repeatedly stated they wouldn't do. This may have been a bluff but people simply aren't going to vote for it. It would have been far more convincing if he had admitted that we might have to have our own currency and at least discuss the disadvantages of this. "We're going to keep the pound anyway" was when I realised how paper-thin his policies were.

Edited by fraz65

What else could he do?

I will invite him down here, with me, to show Manchester City Council how to take Westmonster on - he will be welcomed. That I guarantee!

Yay! Maybe we should've sprayed "Vote Yes or else" on polling stations around all of the country...

That was my polling station. Must have slrep walked past it this morning as I didn't even notice it... unless they managed to do it when he police were standing at the polling station.

Edited by Coldo

I live in a place which is mainly no, albeit in Glasgow. First to say a word will be reminded I don't have a mortgage, have savings no weans and can't wait till their mortgages shoot up and their kids can't afford anything further than school. I'm sorry for all the Yes voters this applies to, really sorry but my no neighbours can bend over and take it up the arse from next Tory/UKIP government with my blessing.

First bunny rabbit to say a word will be reminded I don't have a mortgage, have savings no weans and can't wait till their mortgages shoot up and their kids can't afford anything further than school

....and they'll just laugh at you for being bitter. Remember, in their minds they voted No to ensure those things didn't happen.

Let's keep the heid.

We'll go again.

Genuinely embarrassed and sickened.

Watched the returns being made through the night with growing horror. Up for work in 10 mins and utterly furious.

Simple fact is we're 90 minute Patriots only. And don't let anyone fool you that was just the grey vote that sneaked it. Huge majorities across all areas suggest otherwise.

The right to Self determination, an end to trident and a proper place in Europe all gone. Instead we'll have a Boris and Farage coalition running things next election. And given that we've voted to be North Britain rather than a independent nation then hell mend us.