England v russia - Page 4 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England v russia

Mee

1 hour ago, ScotsRik said:

Don't think I can stomach any more England games commentary......."Justice for the England 11" as their goal went in!! WTF?!:o

Even by the normal low standards set by by Clive Tyldesley, the commentary on Saturday night was appalling.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think I can stomach any more England games commentary......."Justice for the England 11" as their goal went in!! WTF?!:o

Tyldesley's triumphalism is murder. Quite funny when it goes wrong for them though.

The BBC's not been as bad since Motty retired...

9 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

let's hope it's another early exit for the English then perhaps we don't have to listen to this bile then again maybe not as they still go on and on best league in the world err will get back to you on that one 

England are a shoe-in to get to the last 8 at least.

Did he really say that? Managed to block it out if he did. I actually felt a bit sorry for England, Russia are a brutally bad side to watch, but I enjoyed hearing Tyldsley's puffed up arrogance being punctured at the end.

My wife  put England game on with about 30 minutes to go, I went in to kitchen as I couldn't be bothered watchin  after a while I went  in to see if she wanted a drink and there was no sound on telly, she said the commentary was embarrassing, my wife is English 

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36516830

He is a very nice man but the signs are definitely there that Hodgson is a bit of a managerial fannybaws.  It is like he overthinks things to the point where he makes the wrong decisions. And there is this stubborn ass side to him (not unlike GS at times) where he gets very dismissive. Having Kane take the corners is just another super clever shit idea. England never won that game because of his decision making. Vardy would have scored against that defense you'd think so why not give him a go. As for not taking Drinkwater another mistake IMHO. Then you get to his decision to substitute Rooney, another very super clever shit idea from Roy. He looks a bit of dithering arse so far. Fingers crossed it continues. 

I was trying to work out some permutations for the last 16. It looks like England will get a fairly easy draw if they manage to be 1st or 2nd in the group. If they finish 3rd in the group they could get Germany in the last 16. Here's hoping.

6 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Did he really say that? Managed to block it out if he did. I actually felt a bit sorry for England, Russia are a brutally bad side to watch, but I enjoyed hearing Tyldsley's puffed up arrogance being punctured at the end.

Yes - he did..........no words!! Well blocked out!!

Agree with Russia comments.