The SNP has got to do better than this - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The SNP has got to do better than this

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Thats how the Unionist parties wanted it - it's their only hope

6 Saltire's and one Union Flag is the count so far. I thought it would go away, but saw another flag go up yesterday hence brought it to mind.

29 minutes ago, brant grebner said:

who cares?

It's hardly Profumo.

It's not like they were spit roasting her on stage at the Armadillo.

"married men shouldnae be shagging"..."moral crisis"..."Scottish independence squashed forever"

consenting adults daeing what we're all genetically programmed to do.

awbdy cheats. It's great fun.

We know they don't value oaths. Regardless of who they swear them to. Wait that would be a quite interesting experiment. Are they more likely to cheat on their wife of vote against a government proposal.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

If Sturgeon's happy about one thing it's that this didn't come out a fortnight ago!

Fortunate for the SNP that there are no major elections for a while. She'll need to focus on getting their house in order...

The interesting thing, to me anyway, is not the story itself but what is behind it. Things like why is this story deemed to be "interesting" by the media but other very similar ones aren't. Such as the Whittingdale one.

As to the timing. This story has been common knowledge for weeks, if not months, so you might think it is strange that the media didn't use it before the election? Well, Hosie wasn't standing for election on the 5th but his wife was. If anything this might have given her a few extra sympathy votes - not that she needed them.

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

Probably for the best. His heart's in the right place but Sturgeon really needs someone stronger in that role, especially as its now likely to include some significantly increased responsibility.

He is also nearly 65. Time for somebody younger. One of the best things about the independence debate is that it has got younger folk interested in politics again. I think it is important that they see "younger" folk get positions of responsibility. 

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

The parties themselves tend to keep quiet about these things, as they all know that they're just one vodka martini away from the same thing happening to them.

The press however, are another thing.

Jackson Carlaw doesn't seem to mind stepping into the gutter. 

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

He is also nearly 65. Time for somebody younger. One of the best things about the independence debate is that it has got younger folk interested in politics again. I think it is important that they see "younger" folk get positions of responsibility. 

Your point touches on something else I was going to say, that because of the quantity of SNP MPs and MSPs these things are more likely to happen.

Another point on that matter was that because of their rapid rise, the SNP should be careful of over promoting people, especially as they will be in the public eye. (Although these were older more experienced guys, so I'm away off on a tangent).

Most importantly....

wid!

:P

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Your point touches on something else I was going to say, that because of the quantity of SNP MPs and MSPs these things are more likely to happen.

Another point on that matter was that because of their rapid rise, the SNP should be careful of over promoting people, especially as they will be in the public eye. (Although these were older more experienced guys, so I'm away off on a tangent).

Most importantly....

wid!

:P

Alex Neil?

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I seem to remember Peever thinking last year that electing SNP councils would end Orange Walk subsidies or even end them all together.

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Where should I send the train ticket? Just a single, is it?

You'd miss me.

5 minutes ago, antidote said:

I'll donate.

Just think, the more money there is the further we can send him. :lol::lol::lol:

You'd miss me too.

7 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

So it's now:-

Swinney - Education secretary

MacKay - Finance secretary

Brown - Economy secretary

Hosie - Banging secretary

Chapeau, Sir... :ok:

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

He's 53. His age is an irrelevance in any case. 

16 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

He's 53. His age is an irrelevance in any case.

He was referring to Alex Neil - I'd be surprised if he's only 53!

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, and with (partial) responsibility for social security it's going to be an even more challenging role this time.

I see Angela Constance got the gig.  A pretty good choice, I reckon.