Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 61 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

On 28/05/2016 at 7:51 PM, vanderark14 said:

So it seems this guy had to pull down his story because of threats he recieved

http://wingsoverscotland.com/amongst-the-bears/#comments

Fantastic article. Should be shared widely. Reminds me of why I'm so glad I was raised in a mixed family that was anti-sectarian.

Not surprised to see from those pictures that it was the Highland Fusiliers doing the red hand salutes and sporting loyalist scarves etc. I posted several months back about a chap I went to school with who's in the army and was previously in that particular battalion. Told me it was full of downright racist scum, loads were active orangemen, "white power" nutters, the lot. He was that disgusted that he has since transferred to the logistics corps.

57 minutes ago, Debian said:

Apparently Petrie has asked for any punishment to be discussed after he has had a freebie to Malta :lol::lol:

Thats a good things isnt it?

It will give rangers longer to come up with a suitable defence :lol:

49 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Thats a good things isnt it?

It will give rangers longer to come up with a suitable defence :lol:

Take more than a week for us.

Petrie should be nowhere near a freebie.  He should've fallen on his sword immediately.

2 hours ago, Debian said:

Take more than a week for us.

Petrie should be nowhere near a freebie.  He should've fallen on his sword immediately.

can you elaborate?

are you saying he should have sacked? what for?

39 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

can you elaborate?

are you saying he should have sacked? what for?

I assume for not immediately condemning the hibs supporters. at least in time he did.

Still waiting for rfc to condemn the singing of the billy boys.

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

They have.  Catch up.

15 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I assume for not immediately condemning the hibs supporters. at least in time he did.

Stewart Robertson did already.

The media also twisted it so that TBB was worse than attack on a player.  GO FIGURE!

23 minutes ago, Debian said:

Stewart Robertson did already.

The media also twisted it so that TBB was worse than attack on a player.  GO FIGURE!

hardly condemned it. he said it was preferable to running onto the pitch. if that's a condemnation its pathetic.

sack him I say!

Edited by ShedTA

8 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

hardly condemned it. he said it was preferable to running onto the pitch. if that's a condemnation its pathetic.

sack him I say!

Robertson condemned the airing of a sectarian chant which is illegal under the controversial Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012.

However, the Rangers director expressed the view that it was a far lesser offence than storming onto the playing surface and engaging in acts of violence against the Hibs support. 

“The Billy Boys was sung after the Hibs fans came on to the pitch,” he said.

“We don’t condone that kind of behaviour." 

“That doesn’t make it right, but you have to put it into context. I’d rather have that than two or three thousand piling over the wall and we have a riot on our hands.”

5 minutes ago, Debian said:

Robertson condemned the airing of a sectarian chant which is illegal under the controversial Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012.

However, the Rangers director expressed the view that it was a far lesser offence than storming onto the playing surface and engaging in acts of violence against the Hibs support. 

“The Billy Boys was sung after the Hibs fans came on to the pitch,” he said.

“That doesn’t make it right, but you have to put it into context. I’d rather have that than two or three thousand piling over the wall and we have a riot on our hands.”

we don't condone is hardly a  condemnation of it. don't condone pretty much means we don't agree with - very mild. but anyway - the above is all good is it?

so petrie condemned the hibs fans who caused trouble and he did it before your boy - so why should he be sacked but your boy is fine?

Guest BlueGaz

Does it?  I only ever see it being talked about on here.  Make a complaint then, if you witnessed the law being broken.

Hibs have announced they will be giving life bans to those involved in incidents on the pitch.  Look forward to Rangers following following suit.

EASTER ROAD BANS

By: Hibernian Media on 31 May, 2016 14:50

Hibernian FC today announced that it has taken action against a number of supporters identified as being involved in incidents on the pitch at Hampden following the Scottish Cup Final on May 21st.

Sanctions including life bans and indefinite bans have been imposed so far.

Leeann Dempster, Chief Executive of Hibernian FC, said: “While Police Scotland will continue with their own inquiries, we will continue to review what happened and take the action we think appropriate to protect the Club’s good name. We will also co-operate fully with the Independent Commission established by the SFA.

“We have initiated contact with the supporters informing them of our decision. We will continue to identify and impose appropriate sanctions against others involved in unacceptable behaviour."

55 minutes ago, phart said:

After hibs fans came on the pitch, Weird the Rangers director seems to experience time differently to everyone else.

No he doesn't.  TBB had one airing that day, and it was once the Hibs fans were on the park.  

52 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

we don't condone is hardly a  condemnation of it. don't condone pretty much means we don't agree with - very mild. but anyway - the above is all good is it?

so petrie condemned the hibs fans who caused trouble and he did it before your boy - so why should he be sacked but your boy is fine?

EDITOR’S NOTE: In an earlier version of this story we wrongly wrote Stewart Robertson had "condoned" sectarian singing. This was an error on our part. The word, of course, should have been "condemned". We fixed this on Friday morning as soon as it had been spotted. We apologise for our mistake.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-chief-stewart-robertson-insists-8058760#xdEExUcLCQVT6s3I.99

Petrie claimed the ATTACKS were due to over exuberance.  That's the difference.

6 minutes ago, Debian said:

No he doesn't.  TBB had one airing that day, and it was once the Hibs fans were on the park.  

EDITOR’S NOTE: In an earlier version of this story we wrongly wrote Stewart Robertson had "condoned" sectarian singing. This was an error on our part. The word, of course, should have been "condemned". We fixed this on Friday morning as soon as it had been spotted. We apologise for our mistake.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-chief-stewart-robertson-insists-8058760#xdEExUcLCQVT6s3I.99

Petrie claimed the ATTACKS were due to over exuberance.  That's the difference.

Who's fault is it it was sung?

You wrote

The Billy Boys was sung after the Hibs fans came on to the pitch,” he said.

If Petrie says the attacks were "over exuberance" then he is talking pish.

57 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Start a petition if it bothers you so much precious !!!!

I'm just discussing it. But i think i'll identify the folk, then go team handed into theirs and their employers twitter all offended.