The Paranoia Thread - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Paranoia Thread

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the logic of pencils and no pens?

I was sure I had read this morning that they were wax based pencils, not your normal lead type which can be rubbed out. Possibly.

The provision of pencils in polling booths is a requirement under section 206 of the Electoral Act.

There's nothing to stop you using a pen.

Pencils are used because pens could run out of ink whereas pencils are checked throughout the day to make sure they aren't blunt or broken.

They also work better in countries with a hot climate so it's not just the UK that does this.

As for tampering with ballot papers - the storage, carriage & counting of ballot papers is under scrutiny at all times

The ballot boxes are sealed by the Presiding Officer & unsealed by the Returning Officer (or at least their staff) at the time of the count when the papers themselves are counted to make sure they tally with the votes cast according to the register, before staff begin sorting & counting.

I never felt those were ever real odds from start to finish.

You'd have to conclude a fix was in and news of the fix had leaked out.

The information 'in the public domain' never ever did reconcile with these stupid odds... meaning unseen inside information was likely being traded.

I have no idea why we still 'trust bookies' and 'pollsters' after we have realized we can no trust our own government and state broadcaster.

It's nonsense.

YouGov poll says it's No.

Idiots punt a fortune on No to try make a quick buck.

Yes odds rise to entice bets.

Nothing is known yet.

at least they aren't affecting the vote anymore.

Question is who has the big bass to double down on the money.....

(no me!)

So it seems most of the countries who have expressed an opinion, are grudging about Scotland or downright hostile.

Of course they see it from the UK point of view - they see it as a country fragmenting, not a country gaining its self determinism - and of course they are thinking of themselves, frightened of fragmenting, themselves...