Ray McKinnon - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 minutes ago, tangerinetartan said:

Mon then I'll bite where is this history ,or are you just spouting your usual pish

Not really interested in conversing with someone with such a lack of civility :ok: 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, tangerinetartan said:

So it no just your team that are bottlers

Just your team that got pumped off your biggest rivals to get relegated though :ok: 

Enjoy Wednesday nights in Dumbarton. 

26 minutes ago, tangerinetartan said:

Still waiting on this history  you speak about, I start work at 7 so if you could hurry along 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/78907/dundee-united-in-row-with-queens-park-over-youth-signings-compensation/

Here's an article that references 3 separate disputes utd got in to. 

- Compensation for Ratnamara

- Compensation for Barry Douglas

- Compensation for Aidan Connolly. 

Now, you enjoy getting pumped off of Alloa and Dunfermline next year :) 

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/78907/dundee-united-in-row-with-queens-park-over-youth-signings-compensation/

Here's an article that references 3 separate disputes utd got in to. 

- Compensation for Ratnamara

- Compensation for Barry Douglas

- Compensation for Aidan Connolly. 

Now, you enjoy getting pumped off of Alloa and Dunfermline next year :) 

However on this occasion they have agreed compensation and been granted permission to talk to McKinnon. good to see a club doing things properly for a change eh?

10 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

However on this occasion they have agreed compensation and been granted permission to talk to McKinnon. good to see a club doing things properly for a change eh?

If you think briefing the press and unsettling a manager in the week before a massive game is "doing things properly", then we view things very differently. 

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

What a sad we fanny you really are Google Dundee united bad did you ,3 items of  sneakyness like lots of teams do probably including the world famous Aberdeen ,but I canna be bothered checking so you carry on with your work , by the way allow are in the pub league below us so get your facts right ,enjoy getting pumped by the zombies next season

5 minutes ago, tangerinetartan said:
5 hours ago, Parklife said:

What a sad we fanny you really are Google Dundee united bad did you ,3 items of  sneakyness like lots of teams do probably including the world famous Aberdeen ,but I canna be bothered checking so you carry on with your work , by the way allow are in the pub league below us so get your facts right ,enjoy getting pumped by the zombies next season

:lol: 

As far as incoherent, abusive rants go, that one is pretty poor.

3/10 - must do better. 

PS - the wife's from the Vale of Leven and Dumbarton away is one of the few positives I can find from the whole debacle.  Hopefully it'll be a Sat afternoon though and we'll get a wee session in with friends after the game. 

Edited by adamntg

47 minutes ago, Parklife said:

If you think briefing the press and unsettling a manager in the week before a massive game is "doing things properly", then we view things very differently. 

Parkie you seem good at the proof thing today so go and supply some for the above bit in bold. thanks. :ok:

32 minutes ago, adamntg said:

PS - the wife's from the Vale of Leven and Dumbarton away is one of the few positives I can find from the whole debacle.  Hopefully it'll be a Sat afternoon though and we'll get a wee session in with friends after the game. 

quite looking forward to Dunfermline, raith and falkirk/hibs next year. nice and close for me these days. certainly beats dingwall and inverness.

21 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Parkie you seem good at the proof thing today so go and supply some for the above bit in bold. thanks. :ok:

:lol: 

You don't seem to understand how off the record press briefings work... 

Was there not talk of Hibs being interested in MCKinnon as well as manager ? And think that prompted United to move quickly ( after Raith lost) and did not want to risk losing out on him.

re: off the record press briefings, is it right no, but tell me 1 club / player / manager who does not do this, at every level of the game.  There is a section in the secret footballer books (I think?) that covers this, and it is common practice.

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

I think that's the point.  It's off the record - I don't know if it happened and neither does anybody else.   But let's condemn on supposition anyway. 

I think the point being made is that United fans have, in the past, whinged about other clubs using this technique. 

Now that their club is doing it and others are pointing it out, it's suddenly ok, as it's  club doing it.

I think the hypocrisy is irritating some folk.

Personally I don't care what the diddy league clubs do. ?

43 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I think the point being made is that United fans have, in the past, whinged about other clubs using this technique. 

Now that their club is doing it and others are pointing it out, it's suddenly ok, as it's  club doing it.

RB let's face it every clubs supporters moan when it happens to them. Worse if the club doesn't follow protocol, and most clubs including mine have failed to do that in the past.  However the outrage on here after utd doing it by the book is interesting.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's been 4 long,long years,but finally you can use that line without being slaughtered :lol: 

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

RB let's face it every clubs supporters moan when it happens to them. Worse if the club doesn't follow protocol, and most clubs including mine have failed to do that in the past.  However the outrage on here after utd doing it by the book is interesting.

I agree. I just wanted to try and see if I got the argument. 

I'm not outraged because as you say it's not unusual.