Rangers v Celtic - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers v Celtic

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, thplinth said:

How many Dons are prepared to say they think Aberdeen will finish above Rangers next season?

Me. We'll finish above Rangers (unless they significantly strengthen). 

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I honestly believe it will be a good battle next year.  Rangers wont splash cash nor will celtic.  Aberdeen and hearts are already decent squads.  I think it will be a good league for a change.  Nobody will fear celtic thats for sure.

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Fair play.

We don't have the money to significantly re-strengthen and we lack depth (for example only naming 5 subs today)

Good news is we seemingly have a couple of youngsters who seemingly are just about there. Plus there will be another couple of loan signings (to replace the ones that will leave). Would love to keep Ball. Isn't going to happen though.

7 minutes ago, Fermer said:

I honestly believe it will be a good battle next year.  Rangers wont splash cash nor will celtic.  Aberdeen and hearts are already decent squads.  I think it will be a good league for a change.  Nobody will fear celtic thats for sure.

Both Celtic and Rangers will spend huge amounts of cash....by Scottish standards....in the summer. 

The WATP thing isn't bigoted. It just isn't.

Anyway, rarely have I been prouder of my team than today. We played approximately on par (not above or below average; just par) and yet we were the better team on the day and justice was done with the result. So pleased. The fact that our players were completely ignored by Gordon Strachan is more irritating but their time will surely come.

Once it went to penalties, I fancied our chances because Craig Gordon's penalty record is very poor. The fact he saved one was particularly surprising.

Rangers have a better manager than Celtic. I'm not sure Dermot Desmond will tolerate that.

6 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

We genuinely don't have the money to spend. Expect 3/4 young English players to come in.

I hear a lot of this from Rangers fans, but let's not forget that Rangers spent over 300K in January bringing in O'Halloran. 

I'd be amazed if Rangers spent less than half a million in the summer. Maybe a pittance by David Murray standards, but a dream amount for any other Scottish club outside Celtic. 

9 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

The WATP thing isn't bigoted. It just isn't.

I never said it was. But it's undoubtedly indicative of the distasteful Loyalist mentality that runs through an element of Rangers' support. 

Surely as a player, it would be best avoided.

8 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I hear a lot of this from Rangers fans, but let's not forget that Rangers spent over 300K in January bringing in O'Halloran. 

I'd be amazed if Rangers spent less than half a million in the summer. Maybe a pittance by David Murray standards, but a dream amount for any other Scottish club outside Celtic. 

Stop getting your excuses in for next season Rossy!!!! Remember Tore Ande Flo?  Man City?  Chelsea?  Money disny always buy success and the small amount of 500 k wont buy rangers the league.  If they have that.  Be positive like Parkie!!  He's no feart!

6 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Stop getting your excuses in for next season Rossy!!!! Remember Tore Ande Flo?  Man City?  Chelsea?  Money disny always buy success and the small amount of 500 k wont buy rangers the league.  If they have that.  Be positive like Parkie!!  He's no feart!

:lol:

I've no fear of Rangers and never have had. I'm desperate to get you first up at Ibrox :ok:

9 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I never said it was. But it's undoubtedly indicative of the distasteful Loyalist mentality that runs through an element of Rangers' support. 

Surely as a player, it would be best avoided.

WATP aint bigoted.  Big headed and arrogant granted.  But bigoted, no.

14 minutes ago, Fermer said:

'Small amount of 500K

:huh:

It's not small for anyone else.

11 minutes ago, Rossy said:

'Small amount of 500K

:huh:

It's not small for anyone else.

Comparatively.  Rangers and celtic used to spend millions on one player.  So.  Anyway, fuksake man.  grow a set!!  Why am I I trying to bum your hopes up if you have nae belief!!! lol.  Aberdeen werent that far away this season.  Never thought I would be trying to motivate one of you sheepies !!! xx

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Indeed. It's a lot of money comparatively. 

I was talking about compared to years ago.  Agree its still bigger than other budgets but a fraction of what it used to be.  Comparatively.  Agree?  Sorry, silly question, nae chance of you agreeing wi me parkie boy!!