Teams for tonight's 1-1 draw - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Teams for tonight's 1-1 draw

16 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's nothing to do with bottle, you're just not good enough as I've said before. Sorry to disappoint.

That's a bit too harsh.

We've been good enough to take 6 points out of 9 from Celtic, and win the vast majority of our games this season. But given the relatively limited resources and small playing squad we have, we're probably not good enough to retain the absolute consistency of performance that's needed to win a league Championship.

We are where we should be in the league.

Maybe that's what you meant, I don't know.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, slasher said:

Take the red specs off! Incidents 2,3 and 4 occurred at 3-1 down. Anyway I think the ref got the Taylor claim and the offside call correct although I agree Shinnie should have had a pen. Also, should Aberdeen fans not be having a go at Draper for diving instead of Collum?

I did laugh at the 'we know you're a tim' chants at Collum, I've lost count of the number of shocking decisions he's given against us lol

This doesn't make a much sense. Why does it matter what the score was when the incidents happened?  Incidents 2,3 and 4 most likely represent 3 goals.  At 3-1 - I'm sure you do the maths. Goals completely change games.

How anyone can argue the Taylor "pen" wasn't a pen bemuses me and the offside decision relates to the Pawlett "goal", not the Inverness third.  Clearly onside.

Anyway, we've only ourselves to blame for letting Collum ref the game the way he did.  Didn't see too many Aberdeen players in his face.  We are easy to give shocking decisions against. 

15 minutes ago, Rossy said:

That's a bit too harsh.

We've been good enough to take 6 points out of 9 from Celtic, and win the vast majority of our games this season. But given the relatively limited resources and small playing squad we have, we're probably not good enough to retain the absolute consistency of performance that's needed to win a league Championship.

Yeah all that I would agree with, although I'm sure you would agree that your chairman's unwillingness to invest and therefore compete against a Celtic side put together by the worst manager since Luigi Macari is a key factor!

17 minutes ago, Rossy said:

That's a bit too harsh.

If the squad is too small (or shallow, not sure which one you meant) should more not have been done in January? 

And I thought Collum was meant to be a hun! He can't be that and favour Celtic. 

I think he's just utterly useless. 

13 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

This doesn't make a much sense. Why does it matter what the score was when the incidents happened?  Incidents 2,3 and 4 most likely represent 3 goals.  At 3-1 - I'm sure you do the maths. Goals completely change games.

How anyone can argue the Taylor "pen" wasn't a pen bemuses me and the offside decision relates to the Pawlett "goal", not the Inverness third.  Clearly onside.

Anyway, we've only ourselves to blame for letting Collum ref the game the way he did.  Didn't see too many Aberdeen players in his face.  We are easy to give shocking decisions against. 

Ok I'll go along with this for a bit but try and remember its only an opinion u have. Taylor is about 6'5 and 15stone dripping wet. He was falling backwards off balance all the way so despite the attentions of the defender its not a pen imo

Edited by slasher

12 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If the squad is too small (or shallow, not sure which one you meant) should more not have been done in January? 

And I thought Collum was meant to be a hun! He can't be that and favour Celtic. 

I think he's just utterly useless. 

Yes.  January was very poor for us - we were weakened.  Lost Ward and I'm far from convinced that Church is any better than Goodwillie.  Lost Quinn from squad, although not sure that's a major blow.  We clearly had some money and free'd up some wage.  We left it until the last minute to capture one player and it all fell to pieces with no time for any contingency (assuming there was one).  

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

Ok I'll go along with this for a bit but try and remember its only an opinion u have. Taylor is about 6'5 and 15stone dripping wet. He was falling backwards off balance all the way so despite the attentions of the defender its not a pen imo

Of course it's about opinions. Watch it again and look at where Draper is looking, the angle of his body and where his arms are (round Taylor). Not sure that Taylor being sweaty is really the basis of a good defence and how it in anyway mitigates what Draper is doing!

53 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It seems to me that every club has been at the end of a Collum debacle yet nobody does a thing about it. Perhaps he will be handed an old firm match next season and cause a riot. Maybe then Someone will take notice and do something about it.

You obviously aren't aware of the penalty he gives Rangers for a Broadfoot dive at Parkhead, in 2010. He somehow manged to give a penalty while he had his back to the incident. He turned round, seen Broadfoot on the deck, pointed straight to the spot. no hesitation. I thought he was a sh!t ref then, 5 1/2 years ago. nothing I have seen or read about him since has changed that opinion. He gets crucial decisions wrong for every team.

24 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Of course it's about opinions. Watch it again and look at where Draper is looking, the angle of his body and where his arms are (round Taylor). Not sure that Taylor being sweaty is really the basis of a good defence and how it in anyway mitigates what Draper is doing!

My point was and is that Taylor is in the process of falling over anyway but we're not going to agree so let's just leave it.

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

My point was and is that Taylor is in the process of falling over anyway but we're not going to agree so let's just leave it.

He wasn't falling down already though!  He was trying to knock a header back across the box.  He was getting there easily if Draper hadn't dragged him to the ground.  The fact Taylor is wet further strengthens the argument - just how much of a hold did Draper actually have in managing to pull down a bar of soap?  You're absolutely correct that we aren't going to agree!  It's about as strong a penalty appeal as you will see....

Aberdeen got bullied far too easily by ICT all over the pitch, they are a big physical side have been for years, we knew that but didnt turn up when we needed to.

At 1-0 we should have went on and increased the lead, however Taylor tried to be the clever khunt and we got punished for that.

The other 2 ICT goals i cant comment on as at the other end, but some of the tackles were feckin mental and we got nothing from Collum he is a clown, Scotlands finest at the Euros:mad:

Taylor, Reynolds and Brown were a nightmare for us, Storie i thought played ok, at least he got stuck in.

It wont be any easier at Firhill on friday night, we need to turn up this time.

Credit to ICT, they deserved it.

23 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

He wasn't falling down already though!  He was trying to knock a header back across the box.  He was getting there easily if Draper hadn't dragged him to the ground.  The fact Taylor is wet further strengthens the argument - just how much of a hold did Draper actually have in managing to pull down a bar of soap?  You're absolutely correct that we aren't going to agree!  It's about as strong a penalty appeal as you will see....

In your opinion.

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

In your opinion.

Yup - we've cleared that bit up already though.  It's all about opinions.  What we haven't cleared up is why in your opinion it isn't a pen.  So far we've had (and forgive me for paraphrasing) "it was 3-1 at the time" and "Taylor is wet"?! 

I can see why you want me to drop this....so I will!! Have a splendid day and congratulations on winning the league again.  Although, I don't think that was ever in any doubt.

Assuming Collum is inept and not biased, he continually gives decisions based on what he thinks has happened rather than what he has seen. A referee can only give a decision if he has seen it. That's the bottom line unless his assistant is the one who is informing the decision. It infuriates me when referees constantly give penalties or fouls for dives or on the basis of a player (or team-mates) reactions. If he hasn't seen it, then he can't give it. Why so desperate to give decisions he hasn't seen - unless being in the wrong position and not seeing it is deemed worse than giving a wrong decision!

As for not giving Aberdeen at least one penalty, and in particular Shinnie getting booted in the leg, well, he did see it and I am afraid ineptitude can't cover that. 

Edited by Return of Yermaw

57 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Yup - we've cleared that bit up already though.  It's all about opinions.  What we haven't cleared up is why in your opinion it isn't a pen.  So far we've had (and forgive me for paraphrasing) "it was 3-1 at the time" and "Taylor is wet"?! 

I can see why you want me to drop this....so I will!! Have a splendid day and congratulations on winning the league again.  Although, I don't think that was ever in any doubt.

OK now you are being silly as never at any point did I cite these as reasons not to award the penalty. I did respond to your list of reasons as to why Aberdeen didn't get the result, by stating that 3 of the 4 valid points you raised occurred when Aberdeen were already in deep trouble ie 3-1 down.

To clarify I disagree with your 'opinion' that Taylor was hauled down. As I've already stated the big lump was running backwards and off balance and that was the major factor in him falling over imo and that my friend is my last on the subject.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

As per above (just in case you still think I'm still being silly)!  I would just add that, in my opinion, Taylor was falling backwards and off balance because Draper was wrestling him to the ground with both arms.

Anyway, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion and I respect that.  Although, i see why you are now backtracking!! :spin: :P

You're paraphrasing in a way that makes a link that is not there. Try and recognise the power of the full stop.

The implied logic is that I doubt Mr.Draper could drag Ash Taylor anywhere he doesn't wish to go. I did enjoy your child like logic that insisted that these last 3 incidents would have changed the result (by the power of Mathematics I believe). Of course if the first penalty is awarded Aberdeen may have scored but the rest of the game unfolds in a different way. It's as least as likely that Aberdeen throw too many up top and lose another on the break.

As others can probably guess, it's a slow day at work today.

Seems like only yesterday Willie Collum gave Aberdeen a penalty in controversial circumstances at fir park, swings and roundabouts, these decisions happen to every club.  but I agree Collum is a complete muppet

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Haha, I've only just realised you actually think I was suggesting that Draper was unable to get hold of Taylor because he was sweaty pmsl lolololol :-)

Edited by slasher

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

You're paraphrasing in a way that makes a link that is not there. Try and recognise the power of the full stop.

The implied logic is that I doubt Mr.Draper could drag Ash Taylor anywhere he doesn't wish to go. I did enjoy your child like logic that insisted that these last 3 incidents would have changed the result (by the power of Mathematics I believe). Of course if the first penalty is awarded Aberdeen may have scored but the rest of the game unfolds in a different way. It's as least as likely that Aberdeen throw too many up top and lose another on the break.

As others can probably guess, it's a slow day at work today.

So hold on.  Let's just make sure we are getting this absolutely correct.  You're now saying that your direct quote, "Ash Taylor is.....dripping wet", was not to be linked to your opinion that it wasn't a penalty, because of a full stop?  Ok. (This does however beg the question as to why your assumption that Ash Taylor is "dripping wet" is raised at all, but for fear of boring everyone else to sh1t, we should let that slide).  

As regards the scoreline when these incidents occurred, it remains a curious "defence", but what I think we can agree on is that we will never know how the game would have panned out if the key decisions had been awarded correctly. Does that work for you? 

9 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

This smells of backtrack - but go on.......

It's a saying, that someone is such and such a weight 'dripping wet'. 

You don't say what age you are but clearly youve never heard it...by feck youve made me laugh today.

Cheers!

14 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's a saying, that someone is such and such a weight 'dripping wet'. 

You don't say what age you are but clearly youve never heard it...by feck youve made me laugh today.

Cheers!

I've certainly heard it, but im an auld khunt :lol: