The Last Day Of Scotland As We Know It. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Last Day Of Scotland As We Know It.

This is the last day of Scotland as we know it & it boils down to this. Hope over fear, positivity over negativity, happiness over depression, truth over lies & peace over anger. We have two choices: Hope, Positivity, Happiness, Truth & Peace or Fear, Negativity, Depression, Lies & Anger. By voting Yes tomorrow you will feel good, you will feel part of something special, you will feel part of history & you will put Scotland's future & destiny in our OWN hands. Vote No & you are happy to consign our people to more of the same, to nothing better whilst placing the future of Scotland in the hands of the Westminster elite who have failed us for centuries & will fail us for evermore. From a Yes vote tomorrow we will begin the journey to our promised land, it won't be quick, it won't be smooth but in time we will get there & each & everyone of us will look back with pride at the day we voted Yes. From a No vote tomorrow, the harsh reality will hit us very quickly when promises of more power become stuck in the quagmire of Westminster Politicians who will revolt against their leaders & block Scotland getting what she was promised whilst poverty grows, food banks grow, our young continue to die in foreign conflicts & our wealth will continue to fund Trident, London & the House of Lords. Tomorrow we vote for the people of Scotland & for the future of our children's children. Tomorrow we vote YES.

Feel free to share my words if you wish to folks.

Someone had this on a while back and hits the nail on the head

We've been conditioned to believe Scotland is poor because it is small. This is a myth reinforced every day by virtually every single facet of the British media, even by ourselves until you start looking at the numbers. Aside from taking more in taxation than we receive in expenditure, what the Union really does for us is make us subservient. 300 years of being made to feel second class citizens in our own nation has taken its toll to the point that depressingly few Scots even care about being Scottish, let alone feel proud about it.

The fact is, our small size is actually our strength. Because of our small population compared to what we actually produce, Scotland's annual GDP per capita is about £3000 higher than than the UK GDP per capita. What makes Scotland's GDP figure even more intriguing is that it does NOT include oil and gas revenue, while the UK figure does. Scots should realistically be wealthier on average than the UK average, but that extra wealth is travelling in one direction only; south, to be squandered where the votes really matter. So long as the Scots don't know what they are missing, who cares ? Your tax revenue matters a lot more to Westminster than your vote.

Scotland once had a culture of warriors, of poets, artists, engineers, explorers, economists, scientists and inventors. When the empire was in its heyday, we Scots virtually built the modern world. But now after 300 years of Union and the empire long gone, what are we constantly reminded makes us Scottish ? ; Deep fried mars bars, irn bru, buckfast and tramps. The land where unemployment for many has become a way of life.

We have a choice, vote No for more of the same nothing we already get, more of the same being fed scraps and expected to be grateful for it, more of the same belittling of our culture, or we can take control of our own destiny. We can vote Yes to take responsibility for ourselves, stop blaming England for all our woes, spend that wealth where it needs to be spent; in creating jobs and a future for the people of Scotland, finally build something we can be proud of, standing alongside the other world nations, both big and small.

We have a once in a lifetime opportunity to gift our future generations the power to shape their own nation as they see fit, rather than have it dictated by middle England's voting whims. We'd have to be mad to not understand the benefit of that, and we will never know any better unless we try. The real question you have to ask yourself is this; How can we safeguard anything we hold dear in Scotland if we continue to leave our future in the hands of a London government the people of Scotland did not elect ?

Even with a No vote, Scotland will have changed.

People are energised and setting the political agenda. Anyone who thinks that if it ends up being 54-46 to No or so, then the movement for change will just disappear, is living in cloud-cuckoo land.

People will demand significantly more devolved powers, and soon. If they're not delivered, or if they turn out to be the sort of dog-licence powers proposed by Scottish Labour, then discontentment will grow at an amazing rate, leading to an increased majority for the SNP in the next Scottish elections and possibly even growing calls for a new referendum.

Anyone who thinks that somehow the 'status quo' is an option, is wrong. Scotland has changed.

Edited by Rossy

Even with a No vote, Scotland will have changed.

People are energised and setting the political agenda. Anyone who thinks that if it ends up being 54-46 to No or so, then the movement for change will just disappear, is living in cloud-cuckoo land.

People will demand significantly more devolved powers, and soon. If they're not delivered, or if they turn out to be the sort of dog-licence powers proposed by Scottish Labour, then discontentment will grow at an amazing rate, leading to an increased majority for the SNP in the next Scottish elections and possibly even growing calls for a new referendum.

Anyone who thinks that somehow the 'status quo' is an option, is wrong. Scotland has changed.

I agree with this 100% and I think if it's a no vote (which I doubt) there will be another referendum within 10 years and if Westminster do not give decent increased powers then that would be a landslide (75% +) yes vote.

I agree with this 100% and I think if it's a no vote (which I doubt) there will be another referendum within 10 years and if Westminster do not give decent increased powers then that would be a landslide (75% +) yes vote.

Keep hearing about how there will not be a new referendum (even As says not for his lifetime) but if the NO liars fail to deliver then the force will become unstoppable. Hope you're right.

This referendum has been a force for good across all the UK.

It has awoken Scotland & England.

But it will fade if we do not cement it in with a Yes.

This is real politics not the charade we get offered every 4 years at Westminster that even the English are thoroughly sick of too.

What a chance this is.

in the event of a NO vote id love to agree with you but If you bear in mind its taken 80 years to get to this referendum then I just cant see it. Westminster has been severly rattled and I can see them doing everything in their power to prevent us being able to hold another one in our lifetimes. I hope when current NO voters see in the event of a NO vote that the promised powers dont materialise and our powers start to be eroded you will come to your senses?