Rangers V Hibs - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers V Hibs

I just checked and you're correct. I'd suspect Lafferty's ban was more severe due to his cheating winning you the league.

:ok:

Certainly not excusing what he did, but I was at the game & pretty sure Bougherra got sent off in the first half too, so not sure where the "cheating winning you the league" comes into it.

Besides the league being won over a season, Rangers won the league by 4pts.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ok:

Certainly not excusing what he did, but I was at the game & pretty sure Bougherra got sent off in the first half too, so not sure where the "cheating winning you the league" comes into it.

Besides the league being won over a season, Rangers won the league by 4pts.

Bougherra was rightly sent off! :lol:

Clinched you the league would've been a better phrase, my apologies.

Glad Fyvie is being punished as that type of blatant cheating needs to be eradicated from the game. Pity it will probably lead to Halliday only getting a yellow as he deserved the red IMO.

Suppose in the long run there has been no damage done but what would have happened if it had led to Hibs winning?

What should be done if cheating like that leads to the cheat winning? Say a dive for a penalty and red card? Should there be a more severe punishment available?

RANGERS believes it is appropriate at this time to remind everyone of the Club’s position on anti-social behaviour within football grounds.

The Club operates a zero tolerance policy and continues to work tirelessly via the Follow with Pride campaign while supporting all initiatives aimed at tackling this problem.

The football authorities and Police Scotland know the Club is committed to eradicating all forms of unacceptable behaviour and it is disappointing that a minority engaged in inappropriate singing during the match against Hibernian at Ibrox Stadium on Monday, December 28.

At every home and away pre-match operations meeting unacceptable conduct is included on the agenda with the attention of both the Police and Stewards drawn to the need to deal with this matter robustly.

The Club will assist Police Scotland in identifying those responsible for the unacceptable behaviour on Monday.

Lip service.

With the extent of CCTV now it would be easy to identify serial offenders who sing these songs and start to hand out life bans. Nothing too extreme at first just enough to send out the message that it will not be tolerated, ban the worst 100, wait and then the next if it continues.... The club would not suffer neither as others would be happy to take up the vacant seats. How many bans would it take? A few hundred I would think. Thousand or two would still be a cheap deal for RFC to be free of it all.

Lip service.

With the extent of CCTV now it would be easy to identify serial offenders who sing these songs and start to hand out life bans. Nothing too extreme at first just enough to send out the message that it will not be tolerated, ban the worst 100, wait and then the next if it continues.... The club would not suffer neither as others would be happy to take up the vacant seats. How many bans would it take? A few hundred I would think. Thousand or two would still be a cheap deal for RFC to be free of it all.

Totally agree.

The only problem is that the bans don't really work as posters on here have pointed out and proved themselves.

We need a way of making these bans work properly.

Mad Huns wetting themselves over some ginger quint getting banned like it absolves them from being bigots.

It's mental mate. Almost as mental as someone wetting themselves over a club that 'died four years ago', when their own club have the chance to go top of the league......

You are drawing BTW, just in case you didnt know ;)

It's mental mate. Almost as mental as someone wetting themselves over a club that 'died four years ago', when their own club have the chance to go top of the league......

You are drawing BTW, just in case you didnt know ;)

Eh I'm at the game pal unlike most of the laptop loyal on here.

You ever been to a game outside of Glasgow ?

RANGERS believes it is appropriate at this time to remind everyone of the Club’s position on anti-social behaviour within football grounds.

The Club operates a zero tolerance policy and continues to work tirelessly via the Follow with Pride campaign while supporting all initiatives aimed at tackling this problem.

The football authorities and Police Scotland know the Club is committed to eradicating all forms of unacceptable behaviour and it is disappointing that a minority engaged in inappropriate singing during the match against Hibernian at Ibrox Stadium on Monday, December 28.

At every home and away pre-match operations meeting unacceptable conduct is included on the agenda with the attention of both the Police and Stewards drawn to the need to deal with this matter robustly.

The Club will assist Police Scotland in identifying those responsible for the unacceptable behaviour on Monday.

At least its a step towards getting this particular song erradicated once more.