So, Who Else Is A Terrorist Sympathiser? - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So, Who Else Is A Terrorist Sympathiser?

I'd say the attacks in France probably had a lot more to do with the way that the Arab minority has been treated by the French government since Algeria.

Interestingly, I read somewhere that the 'Christian' country with the largest percentage of Moslems living there is South Africa.

And they have little or no problems with Islamic fundamentalism, simply because the Moslem communities there are so woven into South African life that nobody blinks an eye.

Well, I thought it was interesting. :blink:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly, I read somewhere that the 'Christian' country with the largest percentage of Moslems living there is South Africa.

And they have little or no problems with Islamic fundamentalism, simply because the Moslem communities there are so woven into South African life that nobody blinks an eye.

Well, I thought it was interesting. :blink:

I think that the majority of muslims in SA are ethnically East Asian (Malaysian mainly) rather than African / Middle Eastern, which might be a factor.

I'd say the attacks in France probably had a lot more to do with the way that the Arab minority has been treated by the French government since Algeria.

Agree with your second point.

Although there is a grievance about Algeria, your argument would hold more water if these attacks started after the Algerian conflict which ended in 1962.

Not saying that there is no under lying problems on that subject though.

Although there is a grievance about Algeria, your argument would hold more water if these attacks started after the Algerian conflict which ended in 1962.

Not saying that there is no under lying problems on that subject though.

The point I was making is that its decades of treating Arab immigrants and their descendants like shit that has created the conditions where radicalisation can be fostered rather than it being linked to Algeria per-se.

Which of course in no way is meant as a justification for terrorism but is to point out that there are unintended consequences of political policies.

It's not as simple as that though. Look at muslim experience in UK. Treated better than France. All rights etc as native population. Migrated here by choice. The 1st immigrants no issues respectful etc. It's current modern generation who are radicalised. Social media. Growth of militant ideology. Something has changed for a militant minority.

It's not as simple as that though. Look at muslim experience in UK. Treated better than France. All rights etc as native population. Migrated here by choice. The 1st immigrants no issues respectful etc. It's current modern generation who are radicalised. Social media. Growth of militant ideology. Something has changed for a militant minority.

Nothing to do with the foreign policies of successive governments

No, tbh I thought it was obvious :ok:

So why didn't you just call them unarmed civilians then? :rolleyes:

I know that you will continue to claim this is what you meant and obviously that is easy to do because no one can prove otherwise but Simply don't believe you. So think we have stalemate.