Ground Spotting By Train - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ground Spotting By Train

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not between Gourock and Glasgow :wave::wink2:

The Glasgow - Stranraer train will pass a load of grounds if you include the Juniors...

Can you see Kilwinning's and Maybole's grounds from the train? I haven't noticed Kilwinning's and the last time I passed through Maybole by train it was steam hauled.

The grounds I can think of on that route (that you can see from the train) are NSMP, Somerset and Hamilton Park.

Can you see Kilwinning's and Maybole's grounds from the train? I haven't noticed Kilwinning's and the last time I passed through Maybole by train it was steam hauled.

Kilwinnings ground is the wrong side of the town centre to be seen by train, unless it's the Kilwinning Sports Center (with its large football pitches)

Irvine Vics can be seen when passing through Irvine

Edited by wanderer

The grounds I can think of on that route (that you can see from the train) are NSMP, Somerset and Hamilton Park.

Troon juniors Portland Park is right next to the tracks. Think Irvine Meddows is also visible.

Troon Juniors too.

I've never consciously tried to find Dalry Thistle or Johnstone Burgh from the train, a challenge for next time...

Dalry Thistles is next to the Lidl as you enter the town from Kiwinning, so might just be visible.

Other ones I can think off the top of my head are Ardrossan Winton Rovers, Ardeer Thistle and Saltcoats Victoria (all on the Largs/Ardrossan Harbour line)

Edited by wanderer

Ardeer's s good shout, gonna need good binoculars for the others though?...

The junction for the Largs and Ardrossan Harbour is right in front of Winton Park (can see the main stand) and Saltcoats is sandwiched between the slaughter house and sandylands caravan park.

The junction for the Largs and Ardrossan Harbour is right in front of Winton Park (can see the main stand) and Saltcoats is sandwiched between the slaughter house and sandylands caravan park.

Fair doos, I was referring to being able to see them from the Stranraer train though.

Dalry Thistles is next to the Lidl as you enter the town from Kiwinning, so might just be visible.

Other ones I can think off the top of my head are Ardrossan Winton Rovers, Ardeer Thistle and Saltcoats Victoria (all on the Largs/Ardrossan Harbour line)

no way can you see Ardeer from the train

no way can you see Ardeer from the train

True, Now I think about it I was getting mixed up as I always associate it with getting the bus to Aberdeen from Eagles Coaches, but then remembered it would always nip into the petrol station that was next to the ground to fill up before setting off.