O' Halloran For Scotland - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

O' Halloran For Scotland

Ormond

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS a boy is doing well for Saints, someone posts it up then is roundly sneered at.

Aye nae bother let's just stick with Forrest, one of the worst football players in a while for Scotland.

What's wrong with trying alternatives?

Ormond, Saintlyscot and Nelly deserved to be sneered at :ok:

would be great if we had some sort of friendly arranged to try some new options out and maybe even a new formation

He's a wide attacking midfielder who is very occasionally played up front when the manager feels it would benefit the team tactically. Pretty sure the Rangers game is the only time this season he's played up front.

He's improved massively this season and seems to have a far greater belief in his ability. He looks faster, stronger and now has far more end product in terms of goals and assists.

I thought he was a forward, either way I don't see him being nearly good enough

Ormond, Saintlyscot and Nelly deserved to be sneered at :ok:

would be great if we had some sort of friendly arranged to try some new options out and maybe even a new formation

I'm struggling to think of a time you haven't sneered at me! :-D

Have to agree- he has impressed me - lightning quick.

Hope he doesn't do a stevie may, move and loose form- but can't see strachan picking a St Jonstone player.

Maybe that was his downfall, too loyal to players picked from English premiership or championship unless they played for celtic,

As for O'Halloran, when he came on last week, Thistle put 3 players on him and he still turned them inside out. I think he must have changed his cereal this season but the step up in form is something different. I think he desreves the chance if he continues in this form. Of course, I spotted it early....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34618156

Edited by Capital Saint

Actually, no. Modern football demands big lads who can play and offer aerial power. We are short in this dept. Even Cummings is not that tall.

No it doesn't.

It's attitudes like that that have held us back for ages now.

"Yir too wee son. Ye cannae get a game unless yir six feet tall."

Actually, no. Modern football demands big lads who can play and offer aerial power. We are short in this dept. Even Cummings is not that tall.

Aye coz barca are all huge, Spain side that dominated for 6 years were all huge too. Load of shite

Let's put this to bed now.

has has never been, nor ever will be, in serious consideration for a call up, even for a meaningless friendly.

At the moment Griffiths, Rhodes, McCormack etc can't get a look in for Scotland and they are significantly better players in all aspects of the game than O'Halloran.

There is probably something in the region of 15 players ahead of him atleast - Fletcher, Naismith, Griffiths, Rhodes, McCormack, Martin, Russell, Watt... I would even list Goodwillie, Matt Smith etc ahead of him too.

And if you are going to argue that he is a wide player then there is the same pecking order ahead of him - Snodgrass, Ritchie, Phillips, Forrest, GMS, Armstrong.... Even guys like Christie, Gauld etc miles ahead.

No just no, end of.

Let's put this to bed now.

has has never been, nor ever will be, in serious consideration for a call up, even for a meaningless friendly.

At the moment Griffiths, Rhodes, McCormack etc can't get a look in for Scotland and they are significantly better players in all aspects of the game than O'Halloran.

There is probably something in the region of 15 players ahead of him atleast - Fletcher, Naismith, Griffiths, Rhodes, McCormack, Martin, Russell, Watt... I would even list Goodwillie, Matt Smith etc ahead of him too.

And if you are going to argue that he is a wide player then there is the same pecking order ahead of him - Snodgrass, Ritchie, Phillips, Forrest, GMS, Armstrong.... Even guys like Christie, Gauld etc miles ahead.

No just no, end of.

He played youth levels for Scotland so the tone of your post is laughable. He'll probably need to go to a bigger club to be picked for the full squad but to suggest it will never happen is ridiculous. Also, forget about pecking orders. Managers don't owe players. If someone emerges that's better than players who have been biding their time waiting to get picked - tough.

I was waiting on that: I give you Thos. Muller, Costa, Harry Kane. Lukaku, just about anyone in the EPL. Lewandowski's no shortie either.

So , the barca and spain argument proves you dont have to be huge to be good. Lukaku is not a top player, harry kane might be one day but probably wont. The epl is an awful gauge of quality football too. David villa wasnt huge eithet cracking player. Barry Bannan ffs.

He played youth levels for Scotland so the tone of your post is laughable. He'll probably need to go to a bigger club to be picked for the full squad but to suggest it will never happen is ridiculous. Also, forget about pecking orders. Managers don't owe players. If someone emerges that's better than players who have been biding their time waiting to get picked - tough.

People who play youth levels for Scotland are not in serious consideration of a senior call up... You do look at our international squads dont you!? :wtf:

Eh? Practically every player in our first team played youth levels apart from the English call ups.

90% of the under 21 squad don't end up getting a full cap.

Did O'Halloran not only make two Under 21 squads in his whole time in the youth set up - Barely good enough at that level. Released from a championship club and now scored 2 goals in 15 games in the SPL.

Can't believe this is even being discussed!!

90% of the under 21 squad don't end up getting a full cap.

Did O'Halloran not only make two Under 21 squads in his whole time in the youth set up - Barely good enough at that level. Released from a championship club and now scored 2 goals in 15 games in the SPL.

Can't believe this is even being discussed!!

that's how desperate we are that its even being discussed

As said before, he's not a striker so wouldn't use his goal tally as a stick to beat him with.

He's hit a purple patch over the last couple of months. Needs to continue the form over the course of the season to be considered in my opinion.

Also the fact that he wasn't a hit in the 21s 3 or 4 seasons ago doesn't mean he should be cast aside. Players develop differently and at different stages of their careers.

Definitely one to keep on the radar but only after a much more prolonged period of form.

As said before, he's not a striker so wouldn't use his goal tally as a stick to beat him with.

He's hit a purple patch over the last couple of months. Needs to continue the form over the course of the season to be considered in my opinion.

Also the fact that he wasn't a hit in the 21s 3 or 4 seasons ago doesn't mean he should be cast aside. Players develop differently and at different stages of their careers.

Definitely one to keep on the radar but only after a much more prolonged period of form.

thats post is far too sensible for this thread Eddie

he only has 2 under 21 caps, he has been released from a chapionship club and only has 2 goals this season he will be as well chucking it.

i remember when we signed this winger on a free transfer who only had 1 under 21 cap.

he then scored a hatrick against Hibs at Hampden, won 25 scotland caps and we sold him for a seven figure sum so it turned out alright in the end

Edited by hannibal smith