Nfl 2014/15 - Page 8 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TartanTeddy

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a big soft spot for the Cheeseheads. If I had my time again I would be a Packers fan. Proper fans club. Alas my mum watched Dallas and their stadium was the first I seen and became my team thereafter.

Got a big soft spot for the Cheeseheads. If I had my time again I would be a Packers fan. Proper fans club. Alas my mum watched Dallas and their stadium was the first I seen and became my team thereafter.

I only started following NFL about 10-12 years ago and Dallas are also my team.

I'm more confident about next week than I was about last night...

Worked in Austin Tx for a while in 1985 and got into American football back then. A UT college game would attract tens of thousands which was amazing for someone who was used to standing in the sleet on the Belle Vue terraces with a cup of weak Bovril and the fair chance of a kicking.

Tom Landry was the Cowboys' coach then and they used the 'stand-up' routine at the line of scrimmage before the snap - which effectively made them the coolest team out there - so I followed them.

Don't watch much, and have never got my head round some of the more abstruse rules. Did watch last night's game though - great work by the player making the sack and then grabbing the turnover to secure the game. The wee blond Dallas running back took a bit of a hammering - but you can see the temptation.

The wee blond Dallas running back took a bit of a hammering - but you can see the temptation.

Beasley? He's a WR but you're right, he took some big shots.

haha. I would've been raging if I was a Lions fan. Didn't seem like the referee adequately explained why they picked the flag up.

Can't remember a worse call than that at a time like that in a game like that, totally shifted the momentum.

Then again I don't think Suh should have been allowed to play and he had a big impact on the game so the cosmic order is probably restored.

Big Lawrence forcing the fumble from Stafford at the end and recovering it: liked that, would have been some amount of finger pointing going on if the Cowboys had lost that.

Big Lawrence forcing the fumble from Stafford at the end and recovering it: liked that, would have been some amount of finger pointing going on if the Cowboys had lost that.

Sometimes I genuinely can't believe how thick guys in the NFL are. If he'd fell on the ball the Cowboys had all but won. Gotta give him credit for making a play to seal the game after it though.

Divisional Weekend Picks

NFC

4 Carolina @ 1 Seattle - have to pick the champs playing at home. SEATTLE

3 Dallas @ 2 Green Bay - could be a shootout here. Picking DALLAS to take it

AFC

6 Baltimore @ 1 New England - really undecided here. Baltimore have a good playoff record at Foxboro but I think Brady and NEW ENGLAND will win a close one here

4 Indianapolis @ 2 Denver - DENVER in a high scoring game

Enjoy

Divisional Weekend Picks

NFC

4 Carolina @ 1 Seattle - have to pick the champs playing at home. SEATTLE

3 Dallas @ 2 Green Bay - could be a shootout here. Picking DALLAS to take it

AFC

6 Baltimore @ 1 New England - really undecided here. Baltimore have a good playoff record at Foxboro but I think Brady and NEW ENGLAND will win a close one here

4 Indianapolis @ 2 Denver - DENVER in a high scoring game

Enjoy

I'll go same as you but Green Bay to beat the Cowboys at Lambeau.

J

I think that game gave me a stomach ulcer. The Patriots are lucky to advance. They were getting shredded on the ground, but Flacco cracked under pressure this time.

Great game, would be harsh to put the blame on Flacco. Patriots produced some key plays, none more so than Edelmans pass to Danny Amendola! Matt Patricia also brought out a great defensive performance from the team which I think forced Flacco to go for riskier plays resulting in the interceptions.

Overall, one of the best games I've seen this season!

Going to be hard to call next weeks game at Foxboro whether it's Indy or Denver.

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

Going to be hard to call next weeks game at Foxboro whether it's Indy or Denver.

TT

I would sign on for Indy right now. Pats have crushed them since Luck came into the league. Manning is another story. And that Denver D - Miller, Ware, Knighton etc...

I would sign on for Indy right now. Pats have crushed them since Luck came into the league. Manning is another story. And that Denver D - Miller, Ware, Knighton etc...

I know it was only the Bungals but the pass protection Luck had last week was the best i have seen all season