Savings And Investments - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Savings And Investments

I am meeting more folk who just want a final push to join in with the YES movement. A lot of these folk are a wee bit worried about their savings and investments. If you are encountering the same, here is a link to some totally impartial information.

https://www.hl.co.uk/news/articles/the-scottish-referendum-investor-faqs?utm_source=Silverpop&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=E00MR_Daily%20update_open%20video_no%20tips%20(29)&utm_content=www_hl_co_uk_news_articles_the&theSource=E00MR&Override=1&sp_mid=46971768&sp_rid=dGF5bG9yemJyaWFuQHlhaG9vLmNvLnVrS0

Savings will be fine. Guaranteed up £85k per saver. Not sure if the Scottish Govt will have the same scheme in the future. Investors take risks . No point predicting or offering advice. I. Have 4 Aberdeen asset management funds.I wont be selling. As for shares then that's a bit more volatile. I think there will be a short term run of Scottish banks and businesses.

Savings will be fine.

You know that, and I know that, but a lot of folk wont take our word for it. It is one of the few genuine concerns I am getting from folk who still swithering between a YES and a NO. That Hargreaves Landsdown article clearly isn't offering advice, it is just stating the situation as they see it.

You know that, and I know that, but a lot of folk wont take our word for it. It is one of the few genuine concerns I am getting from folk who still swithering between a YES and a NO. That Hargreaves Landsdown article clearly isn't offering advice, it is just stating the situation as they see it.

I'm leaving my £1.5 million in the nationwide building society. :wink2:

I've got some money with AAM that I'm not in the slightest bit concerned about. I've spread savings around including some stuff in NZ and The Netherlands. My biggest fear for my money is the inevitable "out" vote in the EU referendum. A disaster in the making.

As is most of businesses fear.

The Tories are caught between doing what their lords and masters (big business) want and doing what they perceive will get them re elected (a campaign of hate targeted at immigrants and the EU).

J

If you are worried about your investments there will be a period of uncertainty (due to the global shock wave) that will result in (some minor) volatility.

Do nothing at all during this time and just take a long term view. It always corrects, the only people who get burned are the panic merchants.