Who Do We Need To Bring In/develop? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who Do We Need To Bring In/develop?

JECK

We need to bring in a psychologist. For me, the problem is much deeper than average players. It's the mentality of "typical Scotland, glorious failure" that we constantly have thrown at us that we've come to accept.

This is the biggest hurdle to overcome first.

We need to bring in a psychologist. For me, the problem is much deeper than average players. It's the mentality of "typical Scotland, glorious failure" that we constantly have thrown at us that we've come to accept.

Good shout but it is something engrained into Scottish genes.

Even when we regularly qualified for major tournaments it was slip-ups against minnows that cost us progress. It is not only the current day team that has problems - it runs throughout our footballing history.

Strongly agree

His name comes up a lot but has he actually declared for Scotland? Maybe he still harbours England hopes.

It's actually a decent point you make. Obviously played right up to u21s for us, and was a standout at that level.

I had a wee look and there are a few quotes from his gaffer at Blackburn last year expressing his surprise that strachan hadn't called him up. Would think he would know if he had decided against us but maybes not. Few articles talking about his move to fulham and it being an opertunity to establish himself in our national team but no direct quotes. He is a fantastic player. Probably the most technically gifted of our midfield options but perhaps needs to improve his work rate.