Official Celtic Tweet Before Kick Off Last Night - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Official Celtic Tweet Before Kick Off Last Night

Ireland Act, 1949

It is hereby declared that, notwithstanding that the Republic of Ireland is not part of His Majesty's dominions, the Republic of Ireland is not a foreign country for the purposes of any law in force in any part of the United Kingdom or in any colony, protectorate or United Kingdom trust territory, whether by virtue ...blah de blah!

Haha that doesn't mean it's not a foreign country. It means it's not to be treated as a foreign country for the purpose of enforcing British laws.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete and utter whataboutery from our resident plastic paddy apologist.

Why not just go the whole hog and join your precious brethren in France next year? Wouldn't be surprised if your checking out flights to Paris CDG whilst cracking one off over a Wolfe Tones CD

Never supported Ireland in my life m8. You should know that if you ever read my posts on here but I reckon you just saw "celt" in my name and made your mind up you fukking brain dead fukking arsehole.

e4a19bb134afeb0982826afe5cb511d2_bigger.Celtic Football Club Verified account ‏@celticfc

Good luck to Nir Bitton tonight @EuroQualifiers #EURO2016

CQ-PC9LU8AA90mB.jpg

• Retweets 34
  • Favorites 81
6:25 PM - 10 Oct 2015

Any more s??

Fair enough. I don't have a problem with the plastic paddy appeal tweet. It's obviously aimed at a specific demographic in their support.

I assume that if Rangers tweet positively about NI that nobody in the Celtic support will be bothered? Although personally I'd rather Rangers only tweeted about their players and Scotland.

So this thread is all about nothing then.

Loads of folk have had to pop their stauners away while they furiously try and find something else to have a pop at Celtic for.

It's not about nothing. It's about virtually nothing. Other than a little bit of fan manipulation by Celtic. :ok:

It's not though.

Pop that stauner away.

FFS try reading my posts.

I don't care about Celtic. Happy for them to tweet their support to anyone they like.

I'm just pointing out why they did it.

Trust me, Celtic don't get me excited in any way.

Did you not see the smiley?

:lol:

I meandered in here at 5am and saw this as well had the same reaction.

Watching Celtics twitter feed for opportunities to judge and castigate is like those Christians with Jerry springer the opera who watched it just so they could be offended. Plus you get so wound-up trying to judge you miss all the other tweets (confirmation bias let's us know what folk were wishing were the case)in the mad rush to condemn. It's an outrage and i'm offended. It does bring to mind a scene with much handwringing and bed-wetting.

The world should be the way i want it, and i'm going to stamp my feet and make a fuss until it happens.

Watching Celtics twitter feed for opportunities to judge and castigate is like those Christians with Jerry springer the opera who watched it just so they could be offended. Plus you get so wound-up trying to judge you miss all the other tweets (confirmation bias let's us know what folk were wishing were the case)in the mad rush to condemn. It's an outrage and i'm offended. It does bring to mind a scene with much handwringing and bed-wetting.

The world should be the way i want it, and i'm going to stamp my feet and make a fuss until it happens.

A bit like Celtic fans watching Rangers games in the hope they can be offended by a dodgy song or two then?

This made me chuckle.

You are spot on of course. You wonder what planet some folk are on these days. :-))