Official Celtic Tweet Before Kick Off Last Night - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Official Celtic Tweet Before Kick Off Last Night

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Good luck @ScottishFA, @ScottBrown8, James Forrest, Craig Gordon, @Leighgriff09 and the rest of the team tonight. #EURO2016 #SCOPOL

73 retweets 122 favorites
  2. Good luck to the @FAIreland tonight #ireger #makethematchgreen

688 retweets 534 favorites
  3. Good luck to Leigh Griffiths tonight @EuroQualifiers #EURO2016 #SCOPOL

CQz70GRW8AALOfC.jpg
    48 retweets 127 favorites
  4. Good luck to James Forrest tonight @EuroQualifiers #EURO2016 #SCOPOL

CQz5lfPXAAAs5w_.jpg
    51 retweets 128 favorites
  5. Good luck to Charlie Mulgrew tonight @EuroQualifiers #EURO2016 #SCOPOL

CQz081RWwAAWyZt.jpg
    40 retweets 78 favorites

At least post the full posts.

And as for the accusations of bigotry. That's a joke, right.

This is a non story lifted from that bastion of truth The Sun.

My mate showed me the tweet before ko last night.

We thought it was a spoof, so checked, and did note the good luck Scotland messages too.

Do you agree it was ill advised due to the consequences of a positive result for the Irish?

Did Celtic have any players in the Ireland squad?

Ps. Welcome back. :P

Edited by sbcmfc

My mate showed me the tweet before ko last night.

We thought it was a spoof, so checked, and did note the good luck Scotland messages too.

Do you agree it was ill advised due to the consequences of a positive result for the Irish?

Did Celtic have any players in the Ireland squad?

Ps. Welcome back. :P

I'm not back, just putting the record straight. I've asked the mods to delete my account but they won't. Not surprising considering they are a bunch of retards.

As for the Ireland tweet, I have no problem with it, everyone knows the links we have to Ireland and we have many fans from Ireland. Moan all you like, but put it in context and quit the accusations of bigotry.

I'm not back, just putting the record straight. I've asked the mods to delete my account but they won't. Not surprising considering they are a bunch of retards.

As for the Ireland tweet, I have no problem with it, everyone knows the links we have to Ireland and we have many fans from Ireland. Moan all you like, but put it in context and quit the accusations of bigotry.

Hibs have a longer link to Ireland than you, didnt see a best wishes tweet from them last night to Ireland.

So giblet you arrive like the town crier to announce Northern Ireland's impending qualification (before their game has even finished) and then come on to condemn Celtic for wishing luck to Southern Ireland (amongst a group of others). If only I could see a path through these ostensibly contradictory actions. :-)) :-))

So giblet you arrive like the town crier to announce Northern Ireland's impending qualification (before their game has even finished) and then come on to condemn Celtic for wishing luck to Southern Ireland (amongst a group of others). If only I could see a path through these ostensibly contradictory actions. :-)) :-))

Northern Ireland didn't qualify at the expense of Scotland.

(And we all hate Irish Catholics, but that's a given... :P )

At least post the full posts.

And as for the accusations of bigotry. That's a joke, right.

This is a non story lifted from that bastion of truth The Sun.

They are a Scottish club wishing a foreign country well to detriment of Scotland.

bellends.

Your plastic paddy green and grey shirted fans will lap it up though.

You won't be missed.

oh dear, maybe check the time of the Northern Ireland post, it was from last set of games. :wink2:

The point is, Celtic wishing luck on a foreign country who are direct opponents for to ourselves.

Find it interesting you seek to to link my posting to some binary argument about the sectarian pish of Southern and Northern Ireland.

They are a Scottish club wishing a foreign country well to detriment of Scotland.

bellends.

Your plastic paddy green and grey shirted fans will lap it up though.

Technically they are not a foreign country. :)

And, has been said, at the time of the tweet it was technically possible for both of us to qualify. Sad to see the TAMB is still bogged down in all this shite though.

Northern Ireland didn't qualify at the expense of Scotland.

(And we all hate Irish Catholics, but that's a given... :P )

I think it's more to do with the fact it's Celtic doing it. They're the current champions, have much more money/gloating fans acting like the competition is a level playing field etc.Act in their own self interest Even when they're really shit other teams bottle it and those failures get projected back onto Celtic. Socially i'd even say it's a clash between tribalism and individuality.

I must be totally out of the culture now, cause the complaints just look ludicrous to me.

oh dear, maybe check the time of the Northern Ireland post, it was from last set of games. :wink2:

The point is, Celtic wishing luck on a foreign country who are direct opponents for to ourselves.

Find it interesting you seek to to link my posting to some binary argument about the sectarian pish of Southern and Northern Ireland.

I did check the times, the timing of the posts have no relevance to my point. You thinking they do probably means you haven't understood my point lets continue and see.

Yes someone wished luck on someone in direct competition with us. They also wished luck on ourselves. Oh wait you think wishing luck actually has a real physical effect? I can tell you luck doesn't exist as a physical attribute so they might well have tweeted hey ireland we flung salt over our shoulder and said beetlejuice in a mirror for you. Wishing luck had no actual effect, in reality Celtic did nothing for anyone they wished luck to. So calm down they never gave the Poles any leprechaun dust.

I'm not linking your post to any binary argument. Your two posts were at the top of the board. Both seem to me to have ostensibly contradictory angles one giving tacit approval to northern ireland success, another giving complaint at the tacit approval of Celtic to Southern Ireland having success.

I say tacit for celtic cause if you wish everyone good luck you might as well wish no one good luck. and for yourself as you felt it was noteworthy enough to be posted before the game had even finished.

I think it's more to do with the fact it's Celtic doing it. They're the current champions, have much more money/gloating fans acting like the competition is a level playing field etc.Act in their own self interest Even when they're really shit other teams bottle it and those failures get projected back onto Celtic. Socially i'd even say it's a clash between tribalism and individuality.

I must be totally out of the culture now, cause the complaints just look ludicrous to me.

That's fair enough, I don't like Celtic.

I'm not upset or angry by what they posted, just passing comment on it.

I think it was ill advised under the circumstances.

If I was cynical (and/or bored) I'd skim back through their timeline and see if they normally do this, or if this is a one off.

If I was really cynical I'd look at the anti SFA/tartan army feeling a large section of the support their big rivals have and wonder if they fancied a bit of that too? Appeals to the extremists....