Golfers Forum. - Page 20 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone want a voucher for a free round at Murryshall Lyndeoch ?

Not going to manage up there in the next couple of months, played it last year in late October and was a bit wet underfoot

If anyone wants it send me a PM with address details

No one wanting a free round ????

Needing to get a new pair of shoes, always go for Footjoys and looking at a pair of Hyperflex, anyone got a pair and what they like ?

Had the course to myself on Friday and today (place was dead and it was phuqqing marvellous).

Anyway, been trying a few things out. What's the TAMB consensus on the lower body during the down-swing? My pro says it's a simple weight transfer to the left, but in my junior days, I was always taught it's a rotation of the hips.

Had the course to myself on Friday and today (place was dead and it was phuqqing marvellous).

Anyway, been trying a few things out. What's the TAMB consensus on the lower body during the down-swing? My pro says it's a simple weight transfer to the left, but in my junior days, I was always taught it's a rotation of the hips.

I always get a good score when naebody else is watching as well. :wink2:

As for rotating hips? I'm an auld codger, I can hardly rotate my shoulders never mind my hips. :lol:

The transfer of weight forward confuses everyone but low handicappers and pros. If you just throw your weight forward you'll end up with your upper body and therefore your hands ahead of the ball, which leads to all sorts of shite shot. Start your downswing with the rotation of your left hip (weight to left side by thrusting your hip down your target line and then rotate it round) whilst keeping your upper body behind the ball.

There is lots of videos on YouTube for this issue!

An easy drill to remember is that after you've struck the ball your belt buckle should be pointing to your intended target, if it's not your coming down too steep on the ball. Try not to complicate things too much for yourself especially if your a higher handicap. Stick to basics... Grip, stance, ball position and keeping your head still ....

Got a game at busy schedule coming up!

Mag Fields Friday

Hirsel Saturday

Goswick Sunday

North Berwick Tuesday

Muirfield Friday

Have not played Tomorrow's course in maybe 6 years and North Berwick in possibly 15 so looking forward to seeing if I recall much.

Great outlook weather wise too.

Tour championship on sky sports now looks set to be an exciting final day! Speith leading again but McIlroy catching him up! Fowler and Stenson in contention as well...

Speith, McIlroy and Jason Day. Is this golfs new big three?? Already got 7 majors between them and there only in there low to mid 20s

I thought that there used to be a rule that certain national sporting events had to be on cooncil TV for for free? I'm sure the open was one of them. What happened to that rule?

You're right there is such a rule, but unfortunately and for some bizarre reason the Open Championship is not one of the events listed as Category A (must be shown live on terrestrial free TV) and is only Category B (must be highlights shown on terrestrial free TV).

Yet the Epsom Derby and rugby league Challenge Cup final are Category A ?

Bonkers

• 4 weeks later...