What If We Are Out ? - Page 2 - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What If We Are Out ?

Doric

Just don't feel a draw against Poland will be enough, think Ireland will pick up at least 1 point from their remaining 2 games. Though I suppose if we draw and Germany beat Ireland it still makes the Portugal trip meaningful.

Would be good to see us win the remaining 2 matches, and Ireland beat Poland to finish 2nd, but time will tell...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arriving albufeira Thursday morning with the wife is there many TA going to be there and where is the best place to watch the match that night?

I'll be there Thursday too. Hope we can see the game as Portugal v Denmark is on at the same time.

Will cross that bridge IF we come to it- I am staying positive.

Even if we draw against Poland there is still a chance we could make 3rd- a defeat would be a disaster and hand the 3rd place to ireland.

Still think we are more than capable of beating Poland.

Plan to go to Portugal regardless but a defeat at Hampden on the thursday would take the wind out of the sails.

In GOrD we trust- this campaign is not over yet!

esqbs0.png

The Slovenia, Croatia and Macedonia games were good despite being out, however, if we lose to Poland on the Thursday and we are knocked out I will find it very hard to get up for Gibraltar. I will go either way but can't see it being a trip to remember.

After we lost in Wales were travelled to Belgium via Amsterdam. The whole group were flat and found it really difficult to have a laugh. It was gutting and embarrassing to be the first uefa team to be out of the world cup.

Edited by tartanpar

There will be loads of bars in Albufeira showing the game on the Thursday night and you should find plenty of bars doing 1 Euro a pint.

You've got all day to 'recce' the area.

We arrive in Alvor on the Thursday morning and will watch the game in a bar there on the Thurs night.

Have you been to Alvor before? It`s a quiet village that at night has two or three streets full of Irish and the odd Portuguese bar. If we don`t beat Poland, there`ll certainly be partying in Alvor.

The Slovenia, Croatia and Macedonia games were good despite being out, however, if we lose to Poland on the Thursday and we are knocked out I will find it very hard to get up for Gibraltar. I will go either way but can't see it being a trip to remember.

After we lost in Wales were travelled to Belgium via Amsterdam. The whole group were flat and found it really difficult to have a laugh. It was gutting and embarrassing to be the first uefa team to be out of the world cup.

We went to bruges day of the game then back in time for kick off.

If we are out we are out nothing can do about it, but still be going have a good time with my mates, may be my last away game for a long while as it was France of Bust for me in terms of packing in away games, just be home games for me from now on.

Beers in the sun with good company and a Scotland match thrown in.

Playoffs or not, I'll still have a great time. Just need to not get as fecked as I was in Georgia the night before the game as it ruined my game day drinking abilities.

All ready planning next years sport without the Euros. 6 Nations in Rome & Dublin then Malta and England.

J

I'd end up doing the same no doubt - but it's attitudes like that of ours that part of why as a nation we are (generally) losers.

What has the supporters who have paid and attended the fixture and making the most of the situation got to do with the players not qualifying ?

Bit harsh calling the nation losers in this situation.

What has the supporters who have paid and attended the fixture and making the most of the situation got to do with the players not qualifying ?

Bit harsh calling the nation losers in this situation.

Seems to be the national psyche. As a nation we seem to embrace "glorious failure". Glorious failure is one thing and one thing only - failure.

I can assure you, if we lose to Poland I'll be hurting a lot and will feel pretty downbeat. I daresay a few beers in the Faro sun will lift my spirits - but I'll certainly be in no mood to "PARTAAAAYYYY!!!"

All hypothetical of course, and fingers tightly crosses we'll have good reason to PARTAAY!

Edited by scot scotland scottish

Seems to be the national psyche. As a nation we seem to embrace "glorious failure". Glorious failure is one thing and one thing only - failure.

I can assure you, if we lose to Poland I'll be hurting a lot and will feel pretty downbeat. I daresay a few beers in the Faro sun will lift my spirits - but I'll certainly be in no mood to "PARTAAAAYYYY!!!"

All hypothetical of course, and fingers tightly crosses we'll have good reason to PARTAAY!

If we lose to Poland, I'm going to force my family to stay in the villa with the curtains drawn and read the UKIP manifest over and over again until it's memorised. I just can't justify us having fun on our holiday if Scotland can't qualify.

Christ you must have had an awful life since 1998.

If we lose to Poland, I'm going to force my family to stay in the villa with the curtains drawn and read the UKIP manifest over and over again until it's memorised. I just can't justify us having fun on our holiday if Scotland can't qualify.

Christ you must have had an awful life since 1998.

Yep - read that back a couple of times now. Definitely a fanny

Harsh but fair.