The Sun - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mkaes no difference one way or another.

The Sun's have been generally neutral for most of the campaign, and if the worst they can do is come out tomorrow and say 'we support no, people will shrug their shoulders and say 'so what' ?

same if they come out for Yes.

I not sure the Sun coming out for No would be a good move commercially. It has been fairly balanced in its coverage up to now, hence why many people may have stuck with it in the hope it would go with Yes. To come out now and support No would mean that it would have to explain to its readers why it has done this so late in the campaign.

Record readers wouldn;t suddenly flock to the Sun, so I can't see where the commercial gain would be. Better to stay out of it, I'd say.

Has he?

I might be making it up but im sure i seen a link earlier on twitter saying that he was

My mate at work is friendly with a Sun journo and he told him last week they were deffo coming out for Yes

I did tell him about Murdoch's tweets earlier this week so maybe things have changed

Hopefully it will just be a referendum comment in general rather than taking sides.

Today's front page was a ridiculously childish (and softly pro Yes) piece about a cloud shape.

It's hard to believe that in 2 days they're going to come out with some hard hitting pro-No journalism. As you say, it's almost certain to be an editorial......a la Herald....saying that they support devo-maybe max.