The Sun - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His grandfather was an Aberdonian minister I understand.

The fact is we cannot stop them coming out for Yes and it would be self defeating to be churlish about it now if they do.

Yep,he's eligible for citizenship of an independent Scotland.

Yes would gain more TES votes by making a statement telling the Scottish folk that he is a scumbag and give reasons why.

In an ideal world I'd agree but the simple fact of the matter is there are significant numbers of people who buy that and of those a number will be swayed by what they read in their daily newspaper.

I don't think the same applies for broadsheets to any significance because they have a smaller readership and their readers are more likely to have already made up their minds.

Murdoch will be using his threat of supporting us to extort something from Westminster. If they agree he will remain quiet if they don't comply he will go Yes. This is what he does, he promises to back you if you promise to do his bidding. His bidding of course is something he has sold to the highest bidder somewhere else and so on it goes. Having him as kingmaker in the UK is insane. They had a chance to sort this after the hacking scandal but they let him off (again a deal will have been made). He is a basically.

Edited by thplinth

Murdoch will be using his threat of supporting us to extort something from Westminster. If they agree he will remain quiet if they don't comply he will go Yes. This is what he does, he promises to back you if you promise to do his bidding. His bidding of course is something he has sold to the highest bidder somewhere else and so on it goes. Having him as kingmaker in the UK is insane. They had a chance to sort this after the hacking scandal but they let him off (again a deal will have been made). He is a basically.

I see your point totally.

But reiterate the man and woman on the street get there information from in general the red tops.

Surely you can see this a massive boost .

I see your point totally.

But reiterate the man and woman on the street get there information from in general the red tops.

Surely you can see this a massive boost .

Has it happened already?

Like I say I am not going to reject anyone who comes to a Yes, that would be stupid.

I dispise murdoch and the output put off his companies. But compare that to BP s environmental record, asda treating of farmers, RBS/HBOS sending the UK debt through the roof after a bail out, BBC cover up of child abuse by its stars and payouts to It's mates, BAE egging on wars for a profit. Etc etc

Ild take an influential, questionable backer in murdoch v the amoral shower of supporters on the No side.

I am on topic. Yes I do and I think it will have an impact on left wingers who are backing the Yes campaign. It could have a negative impact.

I can't see many lefties being swaye dby the Sun's backing. "Ah , the Suns backing Yes, I'll away to No with the Daily Mail and the Telegraph".

As in Monday edition front cover?

I detest the Sun but we could use a tabloid in the last four days just to beat down some of the lies.

TT

I don't know if they are going front cover but the boy said Monday they are coming out.He's a journalist though so he might have been telling fibs.