Man Of The Match Tonight - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Man Of The Match Tonight

spud1982

McArthur probably. And for the next game surely brown has to be dropped. Failed to pick up the player for the Georgia goal and the third last night. Can't remember a forward pass from him all night.

Aye shocking from him for the 3rd.

Can't see him being dropped for Poland with Morrison suspended. Maybe he'll be pushed further forward with D Fletcher coming in?...

Aye shocking from him for the 3rd.

Can't see him being dropped for Poland with Morrison suspended. Maybe he'll be pushed further forward with D Fletcher coming in?...

Does he know how to push forward. He passed back last night even when he had the time and room to turn and drive. Keeping the ball is fine but you have to try and create stuff too. Playing broonie as a defensive mid is great except he lost his man for two goals in two games.

Fletcher?! Fletcher did fack all, except one decent bit of link up play in second half. Obviously got dealt scraps but that doesn't excuse his workrate. Even the couple of times the ball did find it's way to him, he chopped at it, swiped at it, sat on it, sliced it... I wouldn't mind it so much if you knew he'd run himself into the ground pressing the German defenders (who were Germany's weakness, albeit a small one), or hit the target when the chance came, but he doesn't and he can't. Ruled offside in the second half, was a chance you see half decent strikers bury with ease before supporters spend the next 10 minutes abusing the linesman for denying such a simple game - instead, he did some contortion trick in the box, fell over and made no contact with the ball. Grim.

Between Morrison and McArthur for me. Though Morrison was lucky to stay on the park, the ref was really nice to us think he appreciated how difficult it is to land a clean tackle on a German. So maybe the Ref, for keeping the game exciting.

I think if Ritchie had started a head of Forrest things might have been different. That kid is going to start getting a really hard time from the fans if he continues to start without merit.

Mulgrew was dreadful, showed why he is not a left back.

his positioning was a joke, the boy on the right was left alone the whole game, in a different post code to mulgrew, maybe it was strachans tactics but it was like we are playing 3 center halfs. was given all the time in the world to take down switches and was left with a clear run at goal for their second goal.

his positioning was a joke, the boy on the right was left alone the whole game, in a different post code to mulgrew, maybe it was strachans tactics but it was like we are playing 3 center halfs. was given all the time in the world to take down switches and was left with a clear run at goal for their second goal.

Can was Maloneys man, not Mulgrews.

When they had possession near our box our full backs tucked in and our wingers (Forrest and Maloney) sat outside them to counter their full backs. It was very evident from TV cameras position, a line of 6 and then 3 in front (Brown, McArthur and Morrison). Mulgrew did as instructed for second goal, tucked in with ball being on the German left side, nominally his man was Muller who was in the same area. Maloney was the player in a different post code to his man at the goal. You can see on a replay him scurrying across from the middle of the park but far too late.

Mulgrew wasn't the best but expecting him to cover both their right back and right sided attacker is a bit much!

Can was Maloneys man, not Mulgrews.

When they had possession near our box our full backs tucked in and our wingers (Forrest and Maloney) sat outside them to counter their full backs. It was very evident from TV cameras position, a line of 6 and then 3 in front (Brown, McArthur and Morrison). Mulgrew did as instructed for second goal, tucked in with ball being on the German left side, nominally his man was Muller who was in the same area. Maloney was the player in a different post code to his man at the goal. You can see on a replay him scurrying across from the middle of the park but far too late.

Mulgrew wasn't the best but expecting him to cover both their right back and right sided attacker is a bit much!

Excellent post.

Worded it far better than I could have.

Forrest isn't good enough and doesnt work back. Having said that he is far more solid than Maloney.

Maloney and Brown cost us the goals last night and should be dropped because of it but neither of them will be.

Strachan is too loyal to underperforming players.

Has Brown actually turned up for any of the big games this season for Scotland or Celtic? Honest question as I don't watch Celtic.

Maloney has just returned from the States and appears to be well short of match sharpness. Admittedly we scored from 2 of his set pieces......

Excellent post.

Worded it far better than I could have.

Forrest isn't good enough and doesnt work back. Having said that he is far more solid than Maloney.

Maloney and Brown cost us the goals last night and should be dropped because of it but neither of them will be.

Strachan is too loyal to underperforming players.

Has Brown actually turned up for any of the big games this season for Scotland or Celtic? Honest question as I don't watch Celtic.

Maloney has just returned from the States and appears to be well short of match sharpness. Admittedly we scored from 2 of his set pieces......

I normally have Maloney in the hard working category but he was definitely posted missing at second goal. Regarding the bit about just coming back from States, it is noticeable that he was the first subbed last night.

I would find it hard to award blame for first goal. McArthur went to intercept pass and just missed, Muller drove into space, scuffed a shot as closed down by Martin which on the other 19 times he hits that is either fully blocked or flies wide. I don't know who gets it for the 3rd goal, a very good run and pass from Muller and a great run and finish from Gundongan. I suppose either of the two defensive mids should have been following him in.

As for Brown in big games this season, he was good, as was most of the team for most of the home leg v Malmo, he was honking, as was most of the team in away le. Malmo were all over him and Bitton and he couldn't cope. He was entirely annonymous and certainly didn't captain us on Friday, he was a bit better last night, certainly got his foot in more and had a couple of little surges although I wouldn't have him in the successes category. Overall, he has certainly performed better for both club and country than he has done in the big games this season.