Irish Fans Attacked - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Fans Attacked

SheepieTartanArmy

not surprised they,ve only sold 2600 tickets,an unattractive game they should win easily,if Scotland were playing Gib at this stage of the campaign i and I,m sure many more wouldn't,t waste their money and we wouldn't,t be taking anything like 8000

Who goes for the game? Its all about the location.

not surprised they,ve only sold 2600 tickets,an unattractive game they should win easily,if Scotland were playing Gib at this stage of the campaign i and I,m sure many more wouldn't,t waste their money and we wouldn't,t be taking anything like 8000

You would think the Algarve in September would attract a large number, espcially with the Irish normally travelling in large numbers and their last away game being in the UK.

lots off locals live close to the strip, noise levels,singing, and a bit of banter , the police acting on residents complaints and did give lots of warnings b4 the incident i hear from an irish guy i know out there with his family wasn.t a full blown riot. it was same when england fans were there in 2004 couple nights rioting, seen worse nights in blackpool however we never hear about that, the irish independent looking for a story.

Can't open the link for some reason.

Was it in Faro ?

Wonder what it will be like when there is thousands of us celebrating qualifying :lol:

Albufeira. I'm not worried too much. The police need to keep the riff raff in check in Albufeira. Probably getting some practice in before October. I've no need to worry. I'm in a classy resort with other elite.

Guest BlueGaz

Can't open the link for some reason.

Was it in Faro ?

Wonder what it will be like when there is thousands of us celebrating qualifying :lol:

I think we will know at the end of the Poland game at home if we are qualified or not, on the assumption we will def win in Portugal of course.

Was some trouble on the Wednesday and Thursday night on the main strip in new town. 2 groups of irish fans were on opposite sides of the road singing songs and more people gathered spreading out onto the road

A car tried to pass and couldn't. The cops seen this and called in backup and baton charged the fans. They forced people to delete any videos that were recorded and we're very heavy handed

I know several people who were hit and they wouldn't be the type to cause trouble