Starting 11 V Georgia - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 V Georgia

JagDude

How come nobody is picking Darren Fletcher in their teams? I know he was muder against Qatar but he is a very experienced player? Has he not been playing for WBA or something?

That's a good point actually, he wasn't even considered for my 11. It was a choice between Mulgrew, Mcarthur and Morrison. I think it's more likely he'll play against Germany when we'll need big characters.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parklife, on 03 Sept 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

<p>Marshall

Hutton Martin Mulgrew Robertson

Brown McArthur

Maloney Morrison Anya

Naismith

Gordon

Hutton Martin Mulgrew Robertson

Maloney Brown Morrison Anya

Naismith

Griffiths

Kirk, on 03 Sept 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Fonts not been at his best lately though. &-#+% has been much better

JagDude, on 03 Sept 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

&-#+% isn't even Scottish though.

John_B81, on 03 Sept 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

Went to school here though

:lol:

Martin has played that position hundreds of times. I'm not saying I would play him there but I can see it happening since Strachan likes Hanley and Mulgrew and we need Robertson as an attacking outlet.

I dunno why it gives me the fear, just get the mental image of Martin being caught on the wrong side and some wee Georgian winger nipping in to smack it in the bottom corner :unsure::lol:

Think the back 4 of Whittaker/Hutton, Hanley, Martin and Robertson would be solid enough. Each of them know their role, nae confusion.

Think it'll be

Marshall

Hutton, Martin, Mulgrew*, Robertson

Brown, Morrison

Naismith, Maloney, Anya

S Fletcher

*Reason I think he'll play Mulgrew is that Hanley is only just getting back to fitness having missed a fair chunk of the year and Mulgrew did fairly well in Dublin. Might opt for Robertson this game and bring Whittaker back on Monday. Other than that, team picks itself (or should do)

Think this will be the team too, wouldn't be worried about Hanley playing though, I like his rugged aggression with the more composed Martin backing him up.

As much as he's an objectionable little sod, Griffiths has to start. works very hard, always looking for the ball, not afraid to have a ping, perfect for this type of away game!

Would also like to see Russell get a look in, Steven Fletcher, for all his talent, his goal record for Scotland and Sunderland is pretty miserable.

Also, cannot understand why anyone would pick Whittaker over Robertson if both are fit.

The shadow of '07, however irrational, is still making me come out in sweats....

I'd say about 7 or 8 of the first 11 are already picked, a few positions up for grabs.

Strachan has to go with Hanley and Martin if fit.

Hutton Vs Whittaker, probably go with Hutton.

Robertson at LB due to his performance at Home, although Whittaker also an option if he doesn't fancy 2 Full backs bombing on.

I'd prefer Mulgrew next to Brown, but believe he will go with Morrison.

Maloney and Naismith certs, one other from Ritchie or Anya, hoping for Anya.

I think Strachan will go with:

Marshall

Hutton

Robertson

Martin

Hanley

Morrison

Brown

Naismith

Maloney

Anya

Fletcher

I'd swap Mulgrew for Morrison If I was picking the team.

We need to go out to dominate the ball and territory. With that in mind I would have Robertson and Hutton pushed right up.

Robertson's crossing from deep is absolutely deadly and with Fletcher or Griffiths to aim at we can do damage that way.

Also with the full backs bombing on it gives Anya and Maloney the license to drift centrally and set up chances with one-twos around their box with Fletcher and Naismith.

Marshall

Hutton - Martin - Hanley - Robertson

Brown - McArthur

Maloney - Naismith - Anya

Fletcher

How many players have started every game they have been fit for this campaign?

Marshall, Hutton, Martin, Hanley, Brown, Morrison & Naismith?

Maloney & Fletcher have started every game since Dortmund too so I make that 9 name already on the teamsheet, I think Strachan will have learnt from benching Anya in Dublin so add him to the list also which leaves left back as the only spot up for grabs between Robertson, Whittaker, Forsyth & Mulgrew.

Marshall Hutton Martin Hanley Robertson Brown Fletcher Maloney Morrison Anya Naismith

Thats spot on for me, the players that basically got us in this position to start with, Fletcher in there to support Brown and win the midfield in what will be a tricky tie as Brown was swamped in Dublin.

Re Griffiths, HE IS SCORING GOALS IN THE SPL!, he has improved but be serious, the likes of Naismsith and S Fletcher would also score goals in the SPL but have also proved they can play at the highest level, decent option off the bench.