Any Pointers For Guys Who Didn't Make The March Game? - Page 2 - Poland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Pointers For Guys Who Didn't Make The March Game?

Bristolhibby

Had already spotted Sphinx when nosing online. This deal kind of caught the eye.

http://www.sphinx.pl/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/before_2014_03.jpg

Totally agree with John (Irnbruman) about Sphinx and even without the deals they have, was great value for money and the food was all freshly made

Think we averaged about £12/£14 each for steak or pizza etc and 4 or 5 pints

Well worth a visit imo

Totally agree with John (Irnbruman) about Sphinx and even without the deals they have, was great value for money and the food was all freshly made

In 3 days in Warsaw I thought it was one of the worst meals I had the whole time I was there.

Try one of the Milk Bars (cafeteria type places) also head along to Podwale Piwna on the edge of the old town to try their man vs food challange..... me and the Mrs ordered the "meat platter for two" and was easily big enough for 4 people (and only cost £10!).... also the beer was cheap as chips in here (you get 1lt glasses for something like £4 :beer2: )

Edited by wanderer

Spinx is terrible IMO

Have to admit, probably one of the best meals I have ever had was in Folk Gospoda.

We thought the guide who was recommending it to us was at it, as it looked to be down a wee backstreet in the middle of nowhere, yet arguably one of the best steaks I have ever had!

to the right of the novotel go under the underpass follow the signs for macdoanlds, at the other side go up past the STarbucks, past the Pizza hut and on the right is a restaurant called Sioux, its really fine, the liver is superb

to the right of the novotel go under the underpass follow the signs for macdoanlds, at the other side go up past the STarbucks, past the Pizza hut and on the right is a restaurant called Sioux, its really fine, the liver is superb

There's a McDonalds?

Nice one.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anybody go to the science museum in March? Is it worth a visit?

Yes, cos there's a cracking view of the city from the top of it. Or the 30th floor anyway.

I was savouring the view a few hours back and suddenly I heard the sound of a bagpipe drifting up from somewhere in the city. Braw.