Great News - Page 2 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Great News

blackcountry jock

Last time I had to collect (Dublin for the NI game in 2011) they had a wee photocopy of your picture attached to the ticket.

J

last time i had to pick up was irish bar in macedonia and old biddy that was handing ticks out asked me for ma passport had a look then asked me for another form of id so i told here where to go and almost had to rip ma ticket out of her hand,greetin faced auld git :wtf:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last time i had to pick up was irish bar in macedonia and old biddy that was handing ticks out asked me for ma passport had a look then asked me for another form of id so i told here where to go and almost had to rip ma ticket out of her hand,greetin faced auld git :wtf:

I'm surprised by that we chose to pick up in Skopje I handed over my SSC card and told them my postcode, no problems at all the staff were friendly and helpful.

SSC not going to get tickets in time from Georgian FA in time (really they would need to start posting out start of next week) and 100% pick up?

They may simply target those who have little track record of travel and, consequently, have not been asked to pick up before.

In 30 odd away games I have never been selected for random pick up, only when It has been a full pick up.

The SSC probably assume that people from Perthshire are already fully aware of the dangers of harvesting

I must be getting tarred by the same brush then having lived there! I've never been asked to pick up in my 30 odd away games! :guitar:

I must be getting tarred by the same brush then having lived there! I've never been asked to pick up in my 30 odd away games! :guitar:

You no pick up my Perth Fermers joke there John Boy?

must just be an east/west coast thing

they only pick on the West Coasters are they are a lot more likely to be dodgy as fcuk

You no pick up my Perth Fermers joke there John Boy?

must just be an east/west coast thing

they only pick on the West Coasters are they are a lot more likely to be dodgy as fcuk

Good one Ali!

Nope never picked that up, must be because I've been a West Coaster to! lol

You being a Jambo and all, that's usually used for us Saints fans!

Never been selected for random pickup. Had a few occasions where I've asked to pick up because of various circumstances, no idea if that's had any impact.

Same here.

Never been selected for random pickup. Had a few occasions where I've asked to pick up because of various circumstances, no idea if that's had any impact.

Same here.

Good one Ali!

Nope never picked that up, must be because I've been a West Coaster to! lol

You being a Jambo and all, that's usually used for us Saints fans!

you have been a West Coaster? Pick up for the Pompey TA in Tblisi beckons :ok:

Having bought a Farm in the lovely Perthshire countryside i didnt feel like i could join in when the Hearts fans were singing 'were from the capital, your from a sh1tehole' at the Saints fans the other week. :-))

In 30 odd away games I have never been selected for random pick up, only when It has been a full pick up.

The SSC probably assume that people from Perthshire are already fully aware of the dangers of harvesting

Doesn't appear to have worked for me, Ally. I seem to be selected for random pick up every other game.

you have been a West Coaster? Pick up for the Pompey TA in Tblisi beckons :ok:

Having bought a Farm in the lovely Perthshire countryside i didnt feel like i could join in when the Hearts fans were singing 'were from the capital, your from a sh1tehole' at the Saints fans the other week. :-))

They haven't twigged so far but if I do then it's cool, I'll be there, well looking forward to this one!

So you are a farmer! :yikes3:

Was it not 100% pickup in Chisinau ? Was actually a good laugh and got a bit banter and tips for decent boozers/clubs/Highland boors.

Also found out that the hotel we were in had hot and cold running 'friendly girls', and that a wee trip out of the centre for some TA the previous night saw them witness an argument that resulted in a guy getting shot in the leg. Happy days :ok:

Was trying to remember if I've been randomly selected for pickup or not. Was Prague 100% or random pickup?

All the other ones (Moldova, Holland, Japan, Georgia, Ukraine, Nord [Celtic Cup]) were 100%. Actually, was the Cyprus friendly not 100% pickup as well?

My memory sucks...

Was trying to remember if I've been randomly selected for pickup or not. Was Prague 100% or random pickup?

All the other ones (Moldova, Holland, Japan, Georgia, Ukraine, Nord [Celtic Cup]) were 100%. Actually, was the Cyprus friendly not 100% pickup as well?

My memory sucks...

Cyprus was 100%.

Faroes in 2002 was 100% pick up, but that was a case of the SSC sitting with a table at the arrivals hall at the airport to hand out tickets as fans arrived (along with a pick up at a hotel in town on match day).

Portugal later that year was also one (think that was the game where Margery finally had enough when she was forced to sit in a small telephone box like cabin in the pee'ing rain to hand out tickets).... after this Netherlands (play-off game), Moldova, Japan and NI (Celtic Cup game) are only ones I can think off I have picked up at.