Great News - Page 3 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Great News

blackcountry jock

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prague (4-6-0) was random (but I think was a pretty high %-age asked to pick up).

I got tickets for a group of 5 at the time, and all but 1 of us got tickets posted out, with the one who didn't having to pick up on match day.

They haven't twigged so far but if I do then it's cool, I'll be there, well looking forward to this one!

So you are a farmer! :yikes3:

Ha ha no I bought the farm to develop the steading buildings and now I am building houses in the paddock ? Edited by hannibal smith

Pretty sure Prague was random. From memory I was the only one of our group who had to collect. As per usual!

Prague was random. Me and the old man got one in the ballot. He got his posted, I had to collect. And with the hundreds of other ticketless fans queuing in the hotel landing.

J

In 30 odd away games I have never been selected for random pick up, only when It has been a full pick up.

The SSC probably assume that people from Perthshire are already fully aware of the dangers of harvesting

Exactly the same for me and another three that travel with me.

Prague was random. Me and the old man got one in the ballot. He got his posted, I had to collect. And with the hundreds of other ticketless fans queuing in the hotel landing.

J

Prauge was a pick up for anyone who was on lowish points. The Czechs never released additional tickets until very late. So it was a big pick up.

Alls well that ends, well.

I'm surprised by that we chose to pick up in Skopje I handed over my SSC card and told them my postcode, no problems at all the staff were friendly and helpful.

naw mate she wiz a crabbit auld git

Contacted SSC & advised only members could purchase tickets. Told the lassie all booked up flights/hotel etc. still told me no chance.

Anybody know, if there are tickets left for collection in Tbilisi ...will the SSC sell them to fans that have travelled & turn up at the collection point.....? Going to be gutted if travel all the way & canny get into the game!!!

Contacted SSC & advised only members could purchase tickets. Told the lassie all booked up flights/hotel etc. still told me no chance.

Anybody know, if there are tickets left for collection in Tbilisi ...will the SSC sell them to fans that have travelled & turn up at the collection point.....? Going to be gutted if travel all the way & canny get into the game!!!

I very much doubt they would sell to a non member especially when members are looking for tickets!

They have done it a couple of times (Japan and Cyprus I believe) but think you had to prove you were living locally.

If you are going to get one from the SSC it will probably be very late in the day.... if they have 2000 and shifted less than 1000, then could try your luck a couple of hours before kick off.

I would say the chances of the SSC selling you a ticket as a non member are slim to none unfortunately but I would definitely advise to turn up at the collection point and try your luck!

For the Gibraltar game in Ocober there will be many Scotland fans who arent in the SSC tagging along with their mates who are to catch a few days in the sun and experience an away game (I have 3 in my group who arent members but coming along). If word got out tickets went on sale in Tbilisi to non-members it could turn into chaos with people expecting the same for Gibraltar..

The SSC won't want to be seen as having 1 rule for the Georgia game and another for the Gibraltar

I hope your right as I was latchy in applying for tickets and now am on a list. Back in 1997 our Aberdeen Flight was delayed which meant we missed our Tblisi flight from Heathrow so no Georgia then but hoping there are no delays this time.

I can only hope. I will get into the game one way or another.