Celtic Vs Malmo, Who Will Qualify ? - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Vs Malmo, Who Will Qualify ?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best team went through. Simply not good enough for this level.

Mulgrew at left-back is a joke.

Far too slow there. Janko and Boyata need time to develop but I would sell vvd in a heartbeat. Biton and Broony in front of them didn't help much. You have to say if we can't beat them its probably for the best we dip out, we'd just make a James Hunt of ourselves in the Champions league Edited by slasher

Far too slow there. Janko and Boyata need time to develop but I would sell vvd in a heartbeat. Biton and Broony in front of them didn't help much. You have to say if we can't beat them its probably for the best we dip out, we'd just make a James Hunt of ourselves in the Champions league

Yeah, teams from Germany, Spain and England would hammer us.

Hugely disappointing game from Brown the night.

He's not half the player he is in the SPL, when you take away the knee-high lunges, elbows and snarling in peoples faces.

The thing is though, he's never been good at this level or international level and I have been slaughtered on here many a time for saying so. He makes up for his lack of ability by running about and squaring up to folk like a bampot and people fall for that crap. Him, mulgrew, Griffiths, Van Dijk, Johansen have never been good enough for this level and never will be.

Delia has to take some of the blame for tonight but as i have said before, the only player I think he actually signed, ironically was Berget. The rest of the signings are lawells, no doubt about it.

it, Europa league is our level, although from a personal point of view, Sunday league games at ing half 12 for the rest of the season, turning up wey a hangover is nightmare stuff.

The thing is though, he's never been good at this level or international level and I have been slaughtered on here many a time for saying so. He makes up for his lack of ability by running about and squaring up to folk like a bampot and people fall for that crap. Him, mulgrew, Griffiths, Van Dijk, Johansen have never been good enough for this level and never will be.

Delia has to take some of the blame for tonight but as i have said before, the only player I think he actually signed, ironically was Berget. The rest of the signings are lawells, no doubt about it.

it, Europa league is our level, although from a personal point of view, Sunday league games at ing half 12 for the rest of the season, turning up wey a hangover is nightmare stuff.

I can't speak for every Celtic European game, but at international level he's a top class player and has proved it time and time again.

He was just anonymous tonight. I actually checked the BBC website around the 40 minute mark to see if he was playing.

I can't speak for every Celtic European game, but at international level he's a top class player and has proved it time and time again.

He was just anonymous tonight. I actually checked the BBC website around the 40 minute mark to see if he was playing.

He's decent at international level when we play teams of a similar stature such as Ireland or Poland, when he's up against quality he's always crap. Tonight he was up against fitter, more technical players and was found wanting again but people love him because he's a bam, it's ludicrous.

Johansson was a passenger and should have been hooked instead of Armstrong.

It didn't matter by the time Forrest went off but GMS is rubbish. Anyone that thinks he is better than Forrest is mental.

Disappointed by Griffiths tonight.

GMS looks great on your bench though.

Why does that eejit Deila get to pick up a weekly wage at Parkhead? Celtic with their budget a gazillion times greater than anybody else in Scotland should walk every game in the country. So for that whank Deila to be lauded as some kind of great manager is laughable.

Two teams of much the same level IMO. We lost a couple of bad goals from set pieces but they were equally as bad at set pieces, both games, we just didn't test them enough to exploit it. As someone said earlier, they seemed to want it more tonight but I suppose thats what happens when you are playing at home with a good crowd behind you, same happened last week at Parkhead.

As for the team itself, Gordon was lost for the goals but some of his reflex saves elsewhere were outstanding. Cross balls have always been his weakness and, from a Scotland POV, the comparison between him and Marshalls performance in Dublin under a load of balls lumped into the box is night and day.

The defence was howling. The second goal came from Mulgrew being horribly out of position. He is never a left back. Centre back possibly or midfield yes but he gets torn a new one at LB. Boyata not as impressive as Denayer and VVD, not too impressive tonight but should be £10m in the bank for him by the weekend. Was a big game for the young lad at RB, don't think he is near that level at present.

Midfield also weak. Like a few I thought Armstrong was best player in 1st half so unless he was injured can't understand why he went off. Forrest again busy but again little to show for it. Brown and Bitton were over run in centre midfield and Johansen, who has been impressive, was annoymous tonight.

Griffiths showed his level. A good SPL striker, not so good at a European level. And his knee in the boys nuts was mental, should have been a red.

Overall disappointing to go out but I feared the worst after the late goal last week and they deserved to go through IMO. Not point in discussing what the ref got right or wrong, it won't change the scoreline now.

Why does that eejit Deila get to pick up a weekly wage at Parkhead? Celtic with their budget a gazillion times greater than anybody else in Scotland should walk every game in the country. So for that whank Deila to be lauded as some kind of great manager is laughable.

What you going on about this was a European game against a similar sized club?