Tamb Running Thread - Page 28 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First parkrun in ages this morning, very windy down at Cramond. 20 mile run tomorrow. A 20 mile training run is a really odd concept.

I possibly handed you your token. The wind picked up again just as the runners were coming back.

Well Meadows Marathon for me today. Excellent preparation yesterday, having managed to get the day off work, consisted of helping clear my wife's granddad's loft and inhaling approx 2kg of dust. Not feeling great but seems to have affected my younger daughter more as she has spent most of the night doing a session consisting of 4786 x forced cough with 8 second recoveries. Suffice to say I am knackered before I start!

Well Meadows Marathon for me today. Excellent preparation yesterday, having managed to get the day off work, consisted of helping clear my wife's granddad's loft and inhaling approx 2kg of dust. Not feeling great but seems to have affected my younger daughter more as she has spent most of the night doing a session consisting of 4786 x forced cough with 8 second recoveries. Suffice to say I am knackered before I start!

How did you get on?

Well done. How did you find it? Really enjoyed it. The start and finish were tremendous.

I enjoyed bits of it.

The first 25km was up there with my favourite running of all time. After that, not so much.

The in and out bit towards the gherkin being particularly shite.

Also had my first ever experience of bleeding nipples. I can't in all honesty recommend it.

The final stretch to the finish line was particularly glorious though.

Checking my times today my first half was almost an hour faster than my second....

Not convinced I'd do another one. That might change in a few days though.

I'm currently concerned that no bar I visit seems to have Estrella on tap.

I enjoyed bits of it.

The first 25km was up there with my favourite running of all time. After that, not so much.

The in and out bit towards the gherkin being particularly shite.

Also had my first ever experience of bleeding nipples. I can't in all honesty recommend it.

The final stretch to the finish line was particularly glorious though.

Checking my times today my first half was almost an hour faster than my second....

Not convinced I'd do another one. That might change in a few days though.

I'm currently concerned that no bar I visit seems to have Estrella on tap.

Agree about the gherkin bit and I was also a little disappointed about the beach bit. Never been to Barca before so didn't really know what it was like there.

Crowds were also quite disappointing. I didn't expect London style numbers but a few more would of been nice.

Bleeding nipples does not sound good.

I don't recommend 8 hours of beer post marathon. Today has been tough!

Well done on the recent runs, had loads of mates on FB do the Inverness half as well, seemed to be a good turn out.

I've got my first half of the year (and 2nd ever) on Sunday - looking to beat last year's time of 1:53. Best case I should beat that time by about 5 mins, but I'll be delighted with anything under 1:50 really.

I've only been running max 10 mile routes this year so far, worried that I might hit a bit of a wall after the 10 mile mark. Does anyone bother with any of those gels for a boost? Probably not worth it for a half?

Well done on the recent runs, had loads of mates on FB do the Inverness half as well, seemed to be a good turn out.

I've got my first half of the year (and 2nd ever) on Sunday - looking to beat last year's time of 1:53. Best case I should beat that time by about 5 mins, but I'll be delighted with anything under 1:50 really.

I've only been running max 10 mile routes this year so far, worried that I might hit a bit of a wall after the 10 mile mark. Does anyone bother with any of those gels for a boost? Probably not worth it for a half?

I have never tried tells but being told by some decent runners that they are helpful in a half.

I've only ever used the gels in the latter stages of full marathons, though i like to have a flapjack or something similar along with a banana before starting a half marathon. I also carry an isotonic drink with me as I run. But as with many things in running, its a bit of personal preference.