British Open - Page 6 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

British Open

Orraloon

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can sign up for tee time alerts here.

http://www.theopen.com/TeeTimes#!/R4

They can't make the draw for round 3 until round 2 is finished and they know how many have qualified. If they get finished round 2 tonight and the weather forecast looks ok for Sunday and Monday, then the leaders will probably tee off about 1400 - 1500. But it's too early to be confident about anything at the moment.

Duh. Bloody stupid question now I think about it.

Cheers mate. It's Monday that I really need to know for so probsbly have a better idea tomorrow.

Duh. Bloody stupid question now I think about it.

Cheers mate. It's Monday that I really need to know for so probsbly have a better idea tomorrow.

Forecast for Sunday and Monday looks reasonable. A few showers but not too much wind, so it will be normal round 3 and 4 tee off times just a day late.

Would be great to see him win one. As this is the first open in years that I haven't bet him it will probably be his year.

I would like him to be 3rd after a Scotland 1st and 2nd. :lol: Good to see 3 Scots make the cut but I think Ritchie Ramsay is a wee bit too far back to make it a 1,2,3 for Scotland.

I would like him to be 3rd after a Scotland 1st and 2nd. :lol: Good to see 3 Scots make the cut but I think Ritchie Ramsay is a wee bit too far back to make it a 1,2,3 for Scotland.

Aye agreed. Hopefully warren as I have cash on him. :)

They are out together second last. 1450 so I would imagine Monday will be the same

Aye agreed. Hopefully warren as I have cash on him. :)

They are out together second last. 1450 so I would imagine Monday will be the same

It's good they have put them out together. Should be a good crowd following them.

Unfortunately Warren has a wee bit of of reputation for bottling under pressure, but then so does Dustin Johnson. Hopefully Dustin adds to his reputation and Marc manages to dispel his.

It's good they have put them out together. Should be a good crowd following them.

Unfortunately Warren has a wee bit of of reputation for bottling under pressure, but then so does Dustin Johnson. Hopefully Dustin adds to his reputation and Marc manages to dispel his.

Two underachievers. I think the 'experience' of the recent U.S. Open will favour Johnson this time. Remember McIlroy at the Masters. I can see similarities in him. Should he have another chance on the final 9 holes on Monday I would expect him to take it.

Two underachievers. I think the 'experience' of the recent U.S. Open will favour Johnson this time. Remember McIlroy at the Masters. I can see similarities in him. Should he have another chance on the final 9 holes on Monday I would expect him to take it.

How do you define an achiever?

How do you define an achiever?

I don't have a specific definition mate. I don't think you can in a sport like golf as everyone is different. Making a career out of golf, could be seen as an achievement, for some players.

Both have done very well, but for the ability he has I think Johnson should/could have had a couple of majors under his belt. A bit of bottle when it's mattered and perhaps some well documented off course problems has stopped that happening IMO.

Likewise Warren, I really expected him to be up there challenging for more victories on the tour and Ryder Cup places by now. Fine margains obviously but on his day he can mix it with the best of them. Just needs to do it 4 rounds in a row. Hopefully this week.

I don't have a specific definition mate. I don't think you can in a sport like golf as everyone is different. Making a career out of golf, could be seen as an achievement, for some players.

Both have done very well, but for the ability he has I think Johnson should/could have had a couple of majors under his belt. A bit of bottle when it's mattered and perhaps some well documented off course problems has stopped that happening IMO.

Likewise Warren, I really expected him to be up there challenging for more victories on the tour and Ryder Cup places by now. Fine margains obviously but on his day he can mix it with the best of them. Just needs to do it 4 rounds in a row. Hopefully this week.

Ah, apologies. I misread your previous post and thought you were talking about Lawrie.

Ah, apologies. I misread your previous post and thought you were talking about Lawrie.

I think that there are a lot of people who are disappointed that Lawrie hasn't achieved more, but they wouldn't label him an underachiever because of some of the reasons why. I've read before that there was some surprise / frustration from others on the European tour that felt his golf suffered from how much time he threw into his foundation in the 00s, and that there are plenty of people who think that he would have won more tournaments and challenged for a few more majors if he'd only concentrated on golf. However, it's difficult to consider that as underachievement because he has achieved a huge amount with the foundation, and hopefully will continue to do so.

Would love to see Paul get another as well mate. A genuinely good guy who has worked and worked at his game. People (outside Scotland) don't appreciate how good he is IMO.

I think that there are a lot of people who are disappointed that Lawrie hasn't achieved more, but they wouldn't label him an underachiever because of some of the reasons why. I've read before that there was some surprise / frustration from others on the European tour that felt his golf suffered from how much time he threw into his foundation in the 00s, and that there are plenty of people who think that he would have won more tournaments and challenged for a few more majors if he'd only concentrated on golf. However, it's difficult to consider that as underachievement because he has achieved a huge amount with the foundation, and hopefully will continue to do so.

Spot on m8.

Would love to see Paul get another as well mate. A genuinely good guy who has worked and worked at his game. People (outside Scotland) don't appreciate how good he is IMO.

Spot on. He's a top bloke, sent me a signed t-shirt to use in a fund raising raffle.

Plus I've got a 25/1 reason to want him to win this one!!

I just cant warm to Paul Lawrie at all. The typical Scottish let down that hasnt really progressed since his Open win

Like others i cant see past Dustin especially with the way the play has gone this morning

His power is phenomenal and this course more than any other is suited to that

I havent bet him though so hoping he does something rash although after his personal issues id be pleased if he won

Edited by Ally Bongo

I just cant warm to Paul Lawrie at all. The typical Scottish let down that hasnt really progressed since his Open win

Like others i cant see past Dustin especially with the way the play has gone this morning

I havent bet him though so hoping he does something rash although after his personal issues id be pleased if he won

Wow.

I assume you don't watch the Ryder cup then?

He has progressed he just hasn't managed to win a second major. if we were judging it solely on that then you are right. Overall though I can't agree.

Spot on regarding Johnson. If Warren or Lawrie don't win then I wouldn't mind seeing him do it too.

Reading too much britnat media and watching too much BBC

Reading too much britnat media and watching too much BBC

WTF ???

If anything the britnat media and BBC have bummed up Lawrie deluding everyone into thinking he actually had a chance of winning through the years when he had one good round

If its that to which you refer then yes i fell for it