T In The Park - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are we saying its becoming more of a dance fest than an indie fest? Chasing the biggest cash cow? Late teen/early-mid 20s clubbers?

Saw highlights last year of some clown pressing buttons on a lap top & I thought FFS thats really crap nae talent cheating nonsense - but was main stage and jumping! Bit like only 3000 at kraftwork - how can that be?!

So are we saying its becoming more of a dance fest than an indie fest? Chasing the biggest cash cow? Late teen/early-mid 20s clubbers?

Saw highlights last year of some clown pressing buttons on a lap top & I thought FFS thats really crap nae talent cheating nonsense - but was main stage and jumping! Bit like only 3000 at kraftwork - how can that be?!

EDM is very popular with a lot of the kids nowadays. Calvin Harris has a residency in Las Vegas!! Too me it's very "paint by numbers" music and hardly differs. Someone analysed one of the Calvin Harris albums and said that the chorus kicks in within 5-10 secs at same point on every track. Chuck in a host of, usually female, pop star vocalists and there's your albums - but for some reason they sell and are popular with kids.

Where as proper innovative dance music like a Kraftwerk passes them by.

This SNL sketch sums it up for me....

http://youtu.be/XCawU6BE8P8

It's what's in nowadays I'm afraid.

I've got 2 girls,14 and 11 and they've jumped from 1d and other boy bands to all sorts of absolutely terrible dance music that goes right through me,trying to convince me its proper music and ask me to put radio 1 on in the car.

The best way to shut them up is when they say this song is ace,my music is old and crap and the producer is that good,I dig out my old ministry of sound CDs and the likes and inform that the (new) tunes that they like,are infact generally older than they are. :lol:

I'm looking forward to George Ezra,Twin Atlantic,Hozier,The Script,Jessie J ,Avicii,Sam Smith,James Bay,Charlie XCX and my favourite band at the moment Catfish and the Bottlemen.

Good man. excellent band. Some of the rest of your musical taste leaves a lot to be desired though.

I'll be honest here when XFM play them every 10 minutes I want to self harm

I think XFM own about 4 records and just constantly play them on a loop. I think they are contractually obliged to play Noel Gallagher every hour on the hour.

XFM playlist every feckin day

Arctic feckin Monkeys,James feckin Bay,Feckin Hozier,feckin that song Bulgaria or feckin something by George Ezra,Catfish and the kents x 8,Arctic Monkeys,Noel Gallacher x2 and then the Arctic Monkeys followed by the feckin Arctic Monkeys

XFM playlist every feckin day

Arctic feckin Monkeys,James feckin Bay,Feckin Hozier,feckin that song Bulgaria or feckin something by George Ezra,Catfish and the kents x 8,Arctic Monkeys,Noel Gallacher x2 and then the Arctic Monkeys followed by the feckin Arctic Monkeys

And Melchester Rovers and ME AND MY MUM!!

Think thing that has got me from the 3 T's I have been to is the way the crowd very quickly changed from music lovers of the 1st T to move of a new crowd in the 3rd T then when I went back a couple of years ago to see the stone roses it seemed it had become a total ned fest. Only good thing about my last T was staying in the tangerine fields so you didn't have to worry about some drunk ned falling over your tent while you slept. Maybe the weather didn't help but it did put me off going again. If I do go to another festival in Scotland it will probably be the wickerman as from what I've heard from folks that go it is less of a ned element and more of a family feel

If I do go to another festival in Scotland it will probably be the wickerman as from what I've heard from folks that go it is less of a ned element and more of a family feel

From what folk who have been to that tell me, its effectively the people who have grown out of TiTP after doing it for years.

Mate of mine from WK (You will probably know him as I think he is about your age group) goes every year with his Mrs and even takes its 5 year old daughter to it.

From what folk who have been to that tell me, its effectively the people who have grown out of TiTP after doing it for years.

Mate of mine from WK (You will probably know him as I think he is about your age group) goes every year with his Mrs and even takes its 5 year old daughter to it.

That would be budda lol. Ye was thinking about him when I wrote the above. Even titp 3 it was full of Ned's but I guess my last titp wasn't helped by the weather. OK on the Thursday when we got there but then rained from about 10 on the fri night till about 8 on the sat night.

lol folk complaining about neds at titp

The first 3 years it was held in hamilton! One of those years I stood and watched as about 100 wee neds loitering about outside after downing their half bottle of buckie finally plucked up the courage to storm the entrance.

The only thing that made titp relatively ned free was the years it hosed down and turned it into a mud bath.

lol folk complaining about neds at titp

The first 3 years it was held in hamilton! One of those years I stood and watched as about 100 wee neds loitering about outside after downing their half bottle of buckie finally plucked up the courage to storm the entrance.

The only thing that made titp relatively ned free was the years it hosed down and turned it into a mud bath.

She that was the third one. By then it was starting to get a lot of Ned's going. First one was great. The folk seemed to be there for the music and it was generally a far better feel to it. Mind you almost everyone was smoking weed where as the third one seemed to be more bevvy and pills so maybe that was why it didn't feel as good. The last one I went to had everything going and some right dirty scanks as well. Pointed out to one lady that her camlepack was leaking only for her to turn and tell me no she was just standing having a pish. And that was in the middle of the arena.

King Tuts Tent absolutely bouncing yesterday............

Paul Heaton, Jungle, Proclaimers (to get out of rain from Libertines) and Courteeners - wow!

However, Tuts was about the only good part of the day. The place is a disaster. Posted the below elsewhere this morning.

Been up both days.

Friday arrived about 12.30ish, 20 mins to get in.

Getting out however.....our bus driver had been sitting static in a queue of traffic about 2 1/2 miles from East pick up for 50 mins when I spoke to him. I eventually rounded up all our bus and we had to walk to him at about 1am, including one young lass with a broken toe, as he was never getting to us. The entire walk to him was traffic waiting to get to pick up point. He managed to u turn and thankfully (thankfully!) we were home by 3.15 latest - Dunfermline/Dalgety Bay.

Saturday arrived about 11.30ish, had a drink outside for 30 mins and then trying to get in can only be described as anarchy. A queue that was going nowhere developed into a scrum as more day buses arrived and people just exited from them onto the first block of people they saw. Felt sorry for the stewards as they were undermanned and there was basically no control or organisation. Barriers pulled down, at one point seen someone holding a crash barrier over their head. It just developed into, well anarchy, surges, crushs, lots of very scared kids. Not proud to admit but I cut a few "corners" at the "queue", everyone was trying, and we eventually got in at about 1.45. If we hadn't done that I reckon it was a 3pm for getting in. No announcements, no control, nothing. Ohh and checking was like airport security. At one point, while waiting and going nowhere, I was very close to jumping on a bus and leaving as it was soul destroying. A mate felt the same but thankfully we persevered and got in.

Leaving Saturday night - thankfully my bus driver was on the ball, was at bottom of East pick up/drop off by 11pm. Rounded up the bus and we were out on our way by 12.30, home 2.15. By FB posts, we were very lucky.

Going today, almost certainly for the last time ever if T remains at Strathallan. 18 T's, won't be back as this site cannot cope with the numbers, both inside and especially outside. The lack of access, staff, planning etc in this site is staggering.