1600 - Page 3 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Langtonian

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tickets will be dirt cheap wont they?

Why the need for points though? If we get to the Euros there will be plenty of tickets going around. No French people in Bordeaux with tickets for the Scotland v Iceland group B match will give a flying f*ck about going.

We haven't qualified for a play off since 2003 and we haven't qualified for a tournament since 1998.

If we have to go through a play-off both legs will be over subscribed. If we manage to qualify demand for tickets for the 3 group games in the official Scotland end will be unprecedented.

I have had to pick up on 5 occasions since my first one in Iceland 2002. Pain in the backside and an uneccessary task in this day and age when a postie can deliver for the price of a stamp....or 3 stamps in the case of the SFA.

45 min q in Kiev.

Middle of nowhere in Iceland & Moldova

Return train journey in Amsterdam.

No thanks in Tblisi.

If we get to the Euros there will be plenty of tickets going around. No French people in Bordeaux with tickets for the Scotland v Iceland group B match will give a flying f*ck about going.

The Scotland-Norway game in Bordeaux in 1998 was the hardest one of our three games to get tickets for. Two of my mates had to buy tickets out there, and the Bordeaux one was by far the most expensive of the three matches from the touts, such was the demand.

I think more Scotland fans ended up watching the game in the city's World Cup Village than any of the other venues.

If you take the time to watch the after match clips in Dublin and see how many Scots fans stayed back at the end when most of the Irish fans had left you will be surprised at how many Scots where in the stadium.I would 20,000 easily in Dublin that weekend. Most in the ground and quite a few thousand watching in the pubs.

Nowhere near 20k.

I was told by one of the security workers at the stadium the day after the game that the estimate for Scotland fans in the away sections was 3-4k, which when added to the official Scotland allocation would give a total of 7000-7500. I'd say that was about right.

By the way, the last time we played in Tbilisi the attendance credited to Scotland supporters was 1400.

• 2 weeks later...

Moldova pickup was in the centre of town, and Iceland pickup was 5 minutes walk from the stadium.

I wasn't staying near pick up in Moldova hence the hassle and the stadium in Iceland was a half hour walk from our hotel. A simple posted ticket would have been far simpler.

Edited by Eastiebeastie

I wasn't staying near pick up in Moldova hence the hassle

Neither were we, but the hotel was just off the main drag and a stones throw from most the main bars and restaurants that everyone was gathering in.... plus the stadium was just around the corner.