Introducing The New Thistle Mascot - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Introducing The New Thistle Mascot

Looking at the massive response on social media, TV and press along with the hundreds of photo shop funny photos then it's absolute marketing genius. I'll bet they never imagined it would get such a reaction.

There will be a queue of people wanting a photo with it.

Edited by Jagtag

Looking at the massive response on social media, TV and press along with the hundreds of photo shop funny photos then it's absolute marketing genius. I'll bet they never imagined it would get such a reaction.

There will be a queue of people wanting a photo with it.

Supposedly it was the 7th most talked about item on twitter yesterday, in the whole world.

Madness.

Someone at Partick is a marketing genius.

A couple of years ago they managed to get their brand new strip on a guy running with the bulls in Pamplona, and the photo of him was all over the papers and the internet.

Now this thing.

I like David Shrigley's stuff - looking at the BBC story on this it seems he's also designed the logo for Kingsford Capital as well. Bloody hell: :yikes3:

_83783761_83783757.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-33225555

It's all reminiscent of Robin Cooper's book The Timewaster Letters (well worth a read by the way):

timewasters-letters.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Timewaster-Letters-Robin-Cooper/dp/1843171694

Nominated then, still pish. Ive got an unmade bed every day. Did a pile of bricks not win it?

Don't think so. That was Andre's Equivalent VIII which was bought by the Tate. He's a yank so I don't think he won the Turner.

Edited by biffer

Someone at Partick is a marketing genius.

A couple of years ago they managed to get their brand new strip on a guy running with the bulls in Pamplona, and the photo of him was all over the papers and the internet.

Now this thing.

The Kingsley story has apparently made the Washington Post and ESPN website too.

I've no reason to doubt it is an inspired marketing ploy - why else design a mascot as, err, striking looking as Kingsley?

Now all Thistle need is for a few thousand of those people who have been reading and tweeting about Kingsley to turn up at Firhill to see the big fella in action and it's job done. :ok:

Don't think so. That was Andre's Equivalent VIII which was bought by the Tate. He's a yank so I don't think he won the Turner.

Sorry I've been misinformed. But aye that pile of bricks was shit. Looking at turner prize winners though I stick with my opinion that anything related to the turner prize is shit and that mascot is awful.