Houses Of Paliament - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Houses Of Paliament

An Austerity of Tories.J

A sleuth ....

Apparently the collective noun for pandas ...

Or in the case of the chap in question, "a Dildo"?[/quote

Excellent !!!

If they were serious about rebalancing the economy they would rebuild Houses of Parliament in the Midlands. I'm sure it wouldn't cost anymore but would be a powerful symbol that they were moving away from domination by London capital and wealthy elite.

Guest flumax

If they were serious about rebalancing the economy they would rebuild Houses of Parliament in the Midlands. I'm sure it wouldn't cost anymore but would be a powerful symbol that they were moving away from domination by London capital and wealthy elite.

Surely if they wanted to be in the middle of the UK.somewhere in Lancashire, North Yorkshire or Northumberland https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_points_of_the_United_Kingdom

Although not slap bang in the centre or would be roughly right, my vote would be take a parliament back to York. The Romans had it as the capital of North brittania seems a prefect place for the centre of a united Kingdom.

That or a system similar to the EU with the parliament sitting in a few locations. senedd, Westminster (w/ less upgrades) , storemont. and Holyrood

Edited by flumax