Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016 - Page 30 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it's 8. Sure one of the Thistle fans was bemoaning their lack of a penalty for over 12 months and someone mentioned Waghorn had scored 7 this season so far.

Really? F&ck me, so that's close to one a game? You must be playing some brilliant stuff to average that. Does any other club in Europe get as many penalties as you lot?

Really? F&ck me, so that's close to one a game? You must be playing some brilliant stuff to average that. Does any other club in Europe get as many penalties as you lot?

Paranoia alert.

Our playing style these days is more likely to get us penalties because we take players on and dribble to the bye-line with players like Oduwa as opposed to last season (where we were awarded two penalties all season and none from October) where we horsed the ball into the box from deep which didn't invite any challenges and therefore got no penalties. It's not bias or any other shite like that, like you're insinuating, merely a by-product of a different playing style.

Our playing style these days is more likely to get us penalties because we take players on and dribble to the bye-line with players like Oduwa as opposed to last season (where we were awarded two penalties all season and none from October) where we horsed the ball into the box from deep which didn't invite any challenges and therefore got no penalties. It's not bias or any other shite like that, like you're insinuating, merely a by-product of a different playing style.

Ah ok thanks for clarifying. Oh and I wasn't aware that I had insinuated anything. But as Brucie boy above says - paranoia alert.

That's not just league games. So more like half of the rate you're suggesting.

How do you explain the season before when it seemed like every game had a "McCulloch (pen)". ?

How do you explain the season before when it seemed like every game had a "McCulloch (pen)". ?

The other teams were part time and had players that weren't very good at tackling the professional full timers we had? Even the shitey half arsed Rangers under Mccoist played a wee bit of football in the two lowest leagues.

The other teams were part time and had players that weren't very good at tackling the professional full timers we had? Even the shitey half arsed Rangers under Mccoist played a wee bit of football in the two lowest leagues.

Might work if hibs got half the number you did last year.

Rangers appoint Neil McIlhargey as "Head of Analysis". Worked with Warburton in a similar role at Brentford.

So this is the guy that reviews all of the games and tells the players what is going wrong etc?

I'm assuming he also analyses the stats on the players to see what can be improved and who's swinging the lead?

Nice easy job IMO.