Alan Stubbs - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Have to admit to being baffled at the reaction in the Hibs support and wider media to how Hibs have done this season. Granted Stubbs inherited a mess from Fenton and Butcher but it seems to me that he has been given an easy ride. They have great facilities and he seems to have been well supported by the board to bring in who he wants. Given that, he still couldn't overhaul a poor Rangers team and lost a winnable semi in the Scottish. They have looked pedestrian and predictable during the run in. See that he has been reportable linked with a couple of jobs in England but it remains to be seen how much he can achieve in the game. Got my doubts.

Have to admit to being baffled at the reaction in the Hibs support and wider media to how Hibs have done this season. Granted Stubbs inherited a mess from Fenton and Butcher but it seems to me that he has been given an easy ride. They have great facilities and he seems to have been well supported by the board to bring in who he wants. Given that, he still couldn't overhaul a poor Rangers team and lost a winnable semi in the Scottish. They have looked pedestrian and predictable during the run in. See that he has been reportable linked with a couple of jobs in England but it remains to be seen how much he can achieve in the game. Got my doubts.

never turned up in the 3 most important games this season, doubt he'll be around if hibs dont gain promotion next season

id prefer not to have anybody with a celtic background associated with my club tbh

never turned up in the 3 most important games this season, doubt he'll be around if hibs dont gain promotion next season

id prefer not to have anybody with a celtic background associated with my club tbh

Why's that? I'd rather the Scotland team was full of Celtic players, ex celts or Celtic fans but it's unlikely to happen.

Hibs season started to fall apart when they lost 2-0 at home to a Rangers team that had drew their previous four matches (including Cowdenbeath and Alloa).

After the shite that Fenlon and Butcher provided us, Stubbs has probably been given a lot more patience purely because the football is better. We stuttered at the start of the season, seemed to take ages to get players signed on. Hibs had a fair bit of overhaul behind the scenes last summer and it took time to find a settled team.

Concerned we are back to June last year with no goalkeeper currently on the books. Strong rumours we have signed a number of the players here on short term contracts, will believe it when I see it.

Hibs formation was found out by McCall, once others saw how best to play us, it became tough as there was no plan B. Goals dried up near the end, the semi final against Falkirk and the 2nd leg playoff against Rangers were typical of what happened March onwards.

Agree that if we don't win promotion next season then Stubbs position will be untenable. Our lack of cutting edge in the final 3rd was apparent towards the end the season and ultimately cost us our place in the SC Final and Play-Off final. And I still don't know why Cummings wasn't hooked earlier at Ibrox. Same old disappointing end to the season.

However, I don't see what a Celtic background has to do with anything. Mowbray took us to our best finish in years and to my most enjoyable years as a Hibs supporter.

Then John Collins carried this forward when we won our only silverware in the last 24 years.

If we get a good full preseason, keep the core of the team together, strengthen the obvious areas and can find the kind of consistency Hearts had last season then we will be back.

In Stubbsy we trust.

Edited by Toll Bridge TA

where do you get we had a bigger budget than you this year? Avril did well by signing good seasoned pros and ditching your youngsters.

We did well by ditching the high earners like hamill, Stevenson and McDonald and bringing in players on a lot lower budget. I have read a few times that your wage bill is higher than ours this season.

We did well by ditching the high earners like hamill, Stevenson and McDonald and bringing in players on a lot lower budget. I have read a few times that your wage bill is higher than ours this season.

I saw figures for the year we got relegated, havent seen it for this season. I know Hibs do not release their wage figures, so may be pure conjecture.

I saw figures for the year we got relegated, havent seen it for this season. I know Hibs do not release their wage figures, so may be pure conjecture.

It may well be.

I do think that a Stubbs has bought himself some extra time with the hibs fans with some of the nonsense he comes away with

James Keatings signing just announced.

Think he will do well for you in the first, he does miss a lot of chances though which is why he ended up losing his place.

Will score goals against most of the division, didn't looks good in any games against hibs, Rangers or Celtic last year though.