Ticket Sales So Far. - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Sales So Far.

According to a poster on the Ybig forum they have only sold approx 42,000 tickets for the game v us. Still 8k + left for public sale.... Hopefully it will be announced soon.

According to a poster on the Ybig forum they have only sold approx 42,000 tickets for the game v us. Still 8k + left for public sale.... Hopefully it will be announced soon.

have they given any indication as to when the public sale is likely to start?

Was there not something posted on here last week about a public sale starting today or something to that effect?

There is nothing on the FAI website about that. This is there last update "In mid-May, subject to availability, tickets will go on general sale for both fixtures." Clear as mud. My guess would be that they might go on sale a week today.

There were less than 1000 tickets left on the presale at 11:30pm last night. Now apparently they were releasing tickets by the block but evening doing it that way I'd be amazed if are anything like 8000 tickets left. That figure of 42000 was what I was told on Thursday so had 3 days of presale left.

I think the England game has taken the Irish fans focus off our game and that is why the sales have been less than spectacular.

4k will be enough for a public sale and I bet 80% of them if not more will be snapped up by Scotland fans.

I think the England game has taken the Irish fans focus off our game and that is why the sales have been less than spectacular.

4k will be enough for a public sale and I bet 80% of them if not more will be snapped up by Scotland fans.

It the opposite IMO the fai has had very poor ticket sales for the England game and everyone I talking to much more up for the game with yous. No figure is confirmed for presale yet but judging by the demand for presale codes I'd be surprised if it not a lot less than the 7000 that went on general sale for poland game

Also no guarantee the fai will put them on general sale online. They put England tickets on general sale last week through specific stores around Dublin and could do the same again. Could be extremely limited number on general sale online

*that figure of 42000 on Thursday isn't meant to include sponsors tickets etc

Tickets will not be going on general sale on ticketmaster.ie.

Approx 47,000 tickets were put on sale for the home end via numerous channels and roughly 45,000 tickets have been sold so far. Season ticket holders, previous away trip travellers and domestic clubs will be given another option to buy. If any tickets remain unsold they'll be put on general sale in Spar (one of the FAI's sponsors). Those tickets will only be able to be bought in person.

To reiterate. No tickets will be put on general sale online.

Tickets will not be going on general sale on ticketmaster.ie.

Approx 47,000 tickets were put on sale for the home end via numerous channels and roughly 45,000 tickets have been sold so far. Season ticket holders, previous away trip travellers and domestic clubs will be given another option to buy. If any tickets remain unsold they'll be put on general sale in Spar (one of the FAI's sponsors). Those tickets will only be able to be bought in person.

To reiterate. No tickets will be put on general sale online.

And your information comes from where?

And your information comes from where?

You seem confident the information we giving is false. Where you getting your information from as I know I was given similar figures last Wednesday and would be extremely surprised if no more tickets were sold in the remaining 4 days of the presale

Irish haven't been very forthcoming with help in regards to tickets. I wouldn't hold your breath.

To be fair Andy we are trying to pack the place with Irish notwithstanding the fact that the two FA s should of done a deal for a reasonable number so regular travellers could get sorted though experience of the fai would tell you they would still have messed it up somehow

If I had any Scotland supporting mates I would of sorted them

As Donegal lad said plenty of Irish are looking for tickets

Edited by Newryrep

To be fair Andy we are trying to pack the place with Irish notwithstanding the fact that the two FA s should of done a deal for a reasonable number so regular travellers could get sorted though experience of the fai would tell you they would still have messed it up somehow

If I had any Scotland supporting mates I would of sorted them

As Donegal lad said plenty of Irish are looking for tickets

:ok:

I've just had confirmation from Iain - heid bummer of DUBTA, that if the public sale is only via Spar shops, then the Dublin Tartan Army will be taking ticket requests. Prices are of course face value (plus a 40 euro handling fee, which will be allocated to our Guinness and Hookers slush fund).

:wink2: