Brora Vs Montrose - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montrose dropping out the league would be a disaster for Scottish Fitba

It would only be a disaster for Brora, who really, really don't want to take their place in the league.

Well maybe the chairman doesn't but going by results the players do.

Many of them have already said they don't.

The problem is, it's almost impossible to lose to Montrose - they're honking.

Many of them have already said they don't.

The problem is, it's almost impossible to lose to Montrose - they're honking.

Bottom line, initial thoughts were to stay where we are but opinions have swayed and would say 75/25 in favour of going up!

Not sure where Chairmans stance is now?

However I'm firmly in the stay where we are camp, I'm not a defeatist just a realist.

Let's be honest Scottish Football Div1 & Div2 is dire, the prospect of Brora having to travel vast distances is not really sustainable?

x2 away games every season to Berwick Annan Clyde Queens Park is murder and the chances are some will be midweek

And before anyone says Brora voted for this pyramid system, Regan backed the 17 out of the 18 HFL clubs into a corner to vote for this unfortunately, bully boy proposal tactics from him 100%

Vote No & they will form a new Highland Division, where teams would not be eligible for Scottish Cup & Petrofac Cup !

Doesn't sound much but HFL teams rely on all the income they can.

And another thing Brora's population approx 1500 & 60 miles North of Inverness - geographically it doesn't add up.

In a word, I wish to stay where we are thank-you

If authorities have decided pyramid system should be introduced should they not offer financial help for clubs with high traveling expenses? As an example, Spanish league clubs in Canary Islands (probably Balearics too) and North Africa (Ceuta and Melilla) in 2ª (3rd level) and maybe higher levels get financial help from Spanish FA to help with having to travel to mainland Spain every two weeks. No bus company interested in sponsoring lower divisions in Scotland?

If authorities have decided pyramid system should be introduced should they not offer financial help for clubs with high traveling expenses? As an example, Spanish league clubs in Canary Islands (probably Balearics too) and North Africa (Ceuta and Melilla) in 2ª (3rd level) and maybe higher levels get financial help from Spanish FA to help with having to travel to mainland Spain every two weeks. No bus company interested in sponsoring lower divisions in Scotland?

I think there is financial help for Brora if they are promoted. Sure I read that somewhere.

isn't there an opt out in scotland.in the english non-league you apply for promotion so if you do not apply even if you finish in a promotion or play off position you you do not take part.

Bottom line, initial thoughts were to stay where we are but opinions have swayed and would say 75/25 in favour of going up!

Not sure where Chairmans stance is now?

However I'm firmly in the stay where we are camp, I'm not a defeatist just a realist.

Let's be honest Scottish Football Div1 & Div2 is dire, the prospect of Brora having to travel vast distances is not really sustainable?

x2 away games every season to Berwick Annan Clyde Queens Park is murder and the chances are some will be midweek

And before anyone says Brora voted for this pyramid system, Regan backed the 17 out of the 18 HFL clubs into a corner to vote for this unfortunately, bully boy proposal tactics from him 100%

Vote No & they will form a new Highland Division, where teams would not be eligible for Scottish Cup & Petrofac Cup !

Doesn't sound much but HFL teams rely on all the income they can.

And another thing Brora's population approx 1500 & 60 miles North of Inverness - geographically it doesn't add up.

In a word, I wish to stay where we are thank-you

Well maybe you shouldn't of bought the title then.

The lower divisions need to be regionalised. Asking part timers to travel 2 or 3 hundred miles to play a game in front of a few hundred fans makes absolutely no sense.

The truth of this is so stunningly obvious that it's unbelievable that it has to be said.

As a supporter, I quite like the long distance away trips, always have done. When Accies were in the Third Division, highlights of the season were going to Elgin and Peterhead. Now in the Premier League I enjoy going to Inverness & Dingwall.

Makes for a great day out, IMO.

As a supporter, I quite like the long distance away trips, always have done. When Accies were in the Third Division, highlights of the season were going to Elgin and Peterhead. Now in the Premier League I enjoy going to Inverness & Dingwall.

Nice on a Saturday but crap midweek, having a game on in Tuesday night in February (or early March) between Annan and Elgin, as happened this season, was madness.

It's fine for away fans once or twice a season, not so much fun for Brora, Inverness or Ross Co fans every second Saturday!