At Least It's Not Just The Sfa...... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

At Least It's Not Just The Sfa......

Just noticed that Villa and Arsenal will receive a paltry 25k tickets each for the FA Cup Final. I realise there is corporate, sponsers and hospitality but 40k to satisfy that? What a ing joke.

Out of interest how many tickets will be made available to Calley and Falkirk should the demand be there? I would hope the figure is above 40k?

You can see really clearly at Wembley that it's all about the Prawn Sandwich Brigade. The 2 sections on either side of the tunnel that the camera faces are empty with about 10 minutes of the first half still to go and don't fill up again till about 15 minutes after the 2nd half as started. Obviously the fois gras and champers are more entertaining than the pesky football match they're having to watch.

There are tickets for "the football family" I think every club down to quite a low level gets a couple of tickets. I'm sure it doesn't account for close to 40k though.

Football isn't about the fans anymore.

Which in theory ain't such a bad thing. I doubt that will account for any great numbers though as you say

You can see really clearly at Wembley that it's all about the Prawn Sandwich Brigade. The 2 sections on either side of the tunnel that the camera faces are empty with about 10 minutes of the first half still to go and don't fill up again till about 15 minutes after the 2nd half as started. Obviously the fois gras and champers are more entertaining than the pesky football match they're having to watch.

Think those are debenture holders seats, or something similar. They're 75% empty for most games.