Paco Mcsheepie - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Paco Mcsheepie

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Utter idiot. No doubt one or two on here will claim it is perfectly acceptable to call people "quislings" and that they have no intention of moderating their language when campaigning. But here's an example of what happens when that mentality is deemed acceptable. Someone always gets caught.

After all the decent polls, and the slight lead in this particular seat, I think the SNP can kiss it goodbye and the opposition parties and media will ensure it's beamed across the country undermining all the good work being done.

No doubting the hypocrisy of Labour, etc, but that's beside the point.

I'm not sure how Nicola is supposed to go about sacking him though?

She can't - he's on the ballot paper so there's no real going back now unless she decides to punt him after the election and if he won, he'll remain as an independent. It changes little with respect to the election.

I have no problem with the voters deciding. Seems pretty fair.

She can't - he's on the ballot paper so there's no real going back now unless she decides to punt him after the election and if he won, he'll remain as an independent. It changes little with respect to the election.

I have no problem with the voters deciding. Seems pretty fair.

In 2010 the conservative candidate here was sacked 3 weeks before the election for homophobic abuse. Can't remember if they had issues getting a replacement

In 2010 the conservative candidate here was sacked 3 weeks before the election for homophobic abuse. Can't remember if they had issues getting a replacement

Do you have a link? Ballots would already have been sent out to postal voters so I dont see how it's possible to select a replacement. There's a dead guy "standing" in London!

Storm in a tea cup, won't affect the votes in any way. Nothing to see here, good response from Nic and typical over reaction from opponents

The fact you think any reaction is an over reaction says it all. There's a hideously ugly side to the SNP support as it is, the last thing you want is your candidates embracing it.

Do you have a link? Ballots would already have been sent out to postal voters so I dont see how it's possible to select a replacement. There's a dead guy "standing" in London!

The local paper article which goes into more detail appears to be missing, I can't for the life of me remember who they stood, but the conservatives were definitely on the ballot:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/election-2010/7642032/General-Election-2010-Tory-candidate-Philip-Lardner-sacked-over-gay-comments.html

There is a numbers game with quality. A party with just a few elected members tends to have the brightest and best. We all like Patrick Harvie but imagine the Greens had 50 MSPs, there would bound to be some zoomers banging on about banning private cars and imported fruit.

Maybe that is a part of what is wrong with Labour, they have passed the numpty threshold.

The worry I suppose is that the SNP do the same. Time will tell.

Edited by Armchair Bob

They can't withdraw him from the ballot, they could withdraw support. It would still say SNP against his name in the ballot paper but essentially he'd be standing as an independent.

In the grand scheme of things what he's actually done isn't that major, and it isn't exactly what is being reported, i.e., I don't think he's called *all* No voters quislings.

It might be enough for him not to win the seat though, depending on what the voters think of it.

Doesn't Deputy Dug have a bit of previous here as well.

Fifi Le Bonbon you mean?...

.. i used to battle Fifi's Havers on a regular basis...

The reason she didnt want Scotland at the olympics is because it would mean places like Texas and California and Ontario would have to go as well , was one of my favourites....

From a brief conversation with a friend I think aaids assessment is correct. The 2010 candidate for conservatives was sacked just before the election and although he still appeared as conservative on the ballot, he was actually an independent as the party had withdrawn support for him.