The World's Best Player To Score Against Scotland? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The World's Best Player To Score Against Scotland?

Brummie Hibs

Did Prosinecki score in the 1-1 game away to Croatia

No, it was Boksic who scored that day. Prosinecki was phenomenal around that time, especially the game at Hampden, and if he had scored I would say he was probably one of the best ever to score against us.

Scholes scoring 2 in the 1999 game at Hampden must be a candidate. If you ask people in football (Platini, Pirlo, Zidane etc), they all say Scholes is one the best they have ever seen.

Agree with earlier comments about Zico and Shevchenko. Other ones that spring to mind are Hagi (Romania 1 Scotland 0 in the early 90s), Michael Ballack for Germany v us in Dortmund in 2003, and maybe Raul when he equalised for Spain v us in Valencia.

At a slight tangent, in 30 years of watching Scotland, I have never seen an opposition player so good against us as Gareth Bale was in Cardiff. He's not the best in the world by any means, but I have never seen anyone single handedly win a game so well as he did that day.