Bannan Suspended Indefinetly... - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bannan Suspended Indefinetly...

saintlyscot

I'm not sure why he's not more liked by TA. He seems to me to be the type of player that may not have the best club career but will give everything in a Scotland shirt. I know the last game was only against Gibraltar but he really made a difference to our attack when he came on.

I'm not sure why he's not more liked by TA. He seems to me to be the type of player that may not have the best club career but will give everything in a Scotland shirt. I know the last game was only against Gibraltar but he really made a difference to our attack when he came on.

You tell me. Okay he has had off-pitch incidents but so have many of our squad. He's not let us down on the pitch either and because people have a love-in with their own favourites ie GMS and Armstrong and see Bannan as the key man keeping them out of the squad they target him.

I think hes a cracking wee player and gives something different. Even away in Spain i remember him tracking back and making a couple of great slide tackles on the by line. Works hard and has something different. Hed be on the field before ritchie anyway, and when maloney goes he could easily slot in there. Yes we have GMS and Armstrong too, its good to have options

I think hes a cracking wee player and gives something different. Even away in Spain i remember him tracking back and making a couple of great slide tackles on the by line. Works hard and has something different. Hed be on the field before ritchie anyway, and when maloney goes he could easily slot in there. Yes we have GMS and Armstrong too, its good to have options

Spot on Kirk. Has a good eye for long range passes unlike the five yard lateral passes many of our midfielders are good at.

Agree with this.

This campaign, when he was on the pitch, he was the best Scotland player.

I'd rather he was available for selection than not.

Agreed. We want every player who has the potential to be in the squad to be available if possible. However there are some that are more dispensable than others and, for me, Bannan is definitely in that category.

And likewise if the manager thought he was dispensable (as some on this thread reckon) then he wouldn't be a regular in the squad.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the squad. I'm saying of those in the squad he is one of the more dispensable. There's a distinct difference.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the squad. I'm saying of those in the squad he is one of the more dispensable. There's a distinct difference.

Others are saying that though. Besides I'd say looking at the amount of squads he has been named in then Gordon would much sooner have him in the squad than not. That much is evident as he has named Bannan in squads even when he had not been getting regular first team football.

He's the size of a jockey, a couple of pints and he would be legless. :-))

After his drink drive conviction you would think he would be toeing the line, in saying that sounds a bit of a non-story storm in a tea-cup. But the alarm bells are rining for his club career if he cant get a game in the championship.

Edited by Robroysboy