Airdrie And Their Badge - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Airdrie And Their Badge

Never mind that. Look at the whank in the middle's tattoo? Who'd have guessed an Airdrie fan would have that, eh?

As I said......

But it's something that could affect a lot of our clubs if it goes unchecked.

Hibs had to change their badge a fair few years ago due to this sort of pish. Think it was the use of a crown on the badge which apparently peeved the Lord Lyon. Im sure they replaced it with that odd looking egg on a slope number.

Edited by neil r

Hibs had to change their badge a few years ago due to this sort of pish. Think it was the use of a crown on the badge which apparently peeved the Lord Lyon. Im sure they replaced it with that odd looking egg on a slope number.

Dodgy badge, but loved that strip, a thing of beauty.

hibernian-away-football-shirt-1991-1992-

Aye thats the one. Looks like a beer bottle label. Was it not the product of a competition? The oval contains a ball and the sloped bar thing a nod to the old Easter Road slope.

Or am I making this shit up?

think it was introduced by the two doughnuts who almost took us to oblivion. The slant was supposed to be a nod to the slope. Badge has changed quite a bit over the years, generally its usually how comfortable the club was at the time in respect to its Irish roots, the Harp has been off and on a few times. Current one has been there for 14 years now and think it will stay for some time.

I know that naebody likes Airdrie - but this is about more than them. This is about us and Them. Please have a look and if you feel so disposed, share your displeasure by signing the petition.

http://www.airdrietrust.com/savethebadge.html

When I read this I thought it was another troll. Had a couple of beers so wasn't sure.

I signed anyway. Fans should stick together or who would we love and hate?

Killie will be next to be shafted.

Were Killie not stung for this about 1990? When they had to replace the shield on their crest (as they were using the town crest as their badge effectively) with a football?

Sure St Mirren have also had a call from Lord Lyon forcing them to change their crest also.

Were Killie not stung for this about 1990? When they had to replace the shield on their crest (as they were using the town crest as their badge effectively) with a football?

Sure St Mirren have also had a call from Lord Lyon forcing them to change their crest also.

Think it was mixture of that and Fleeting wanting to modernise the badge.

Yep - In the mid-90's St.Mirren were forced to change our badge. We had to remove the castellations at the top of the badge and these were replaced with black and white stripes. Pish.