Points Required - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Points Required

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the allocation that we get but I'd guess they'll give us the minimum 5% (2,500) to start with then they might give us more if they don't sell out. Game is on a Saturday in the middle of June and it's an easy trip to make so there's gonna be loads of interest. Think you will struggle (like myself) to get one with 2 points.

I suspect a lot of points will be needed for this one, probably 5/6 plus.

Ireland asked for 10,000 tickets for Celtic Park and were told no, they were only getting the minimum 5%. All such a ludicrous decision means is that we will only get 5% over in Dublin now, i.e. in the region of 2,500.

If we had played ball and given them more tickets, it would certainly have been reciprocated. Instead, the SFA screw us over again.

If this is true then it's absolutely ridiculous given we have no chance of selling out the home end.

I'm not convinced there is no chance mate.

Good results in the games prior will see this one possibly sell out IMO. I actually think demand for this one won't be far off that of Germany as I think most folk see them as our biggest rivals for second place.

I'm torn as well. Ireland have a good away support who do make a racket so giving them any extra advantage would be daft. That said I also travel to away games and know what it's like to be scrambling for a ticket and there is no question Scottish fans will be disappointed here.

I think it's safe to say there will be a good few away fans locked out at both venues.

Don't we want as many Scots as possible in the stadium in Dublin too ? The three points there aren't worth any less than the three points at home.

of course but its not about that for some,some are happy to give republic 10k tickets in the hope they reciprocate which in turn guarantees them a ticket for the away fixture.

Because we'll sell out our Dublin allocation but not our Glasgow one.

never said we,d sell it out but doesn't,t mean we have to give them 10k tickets

of course but its not about that for some,some are happy to give republic 10k tickets in the hope they reciprocate which in turn guarantees them a ticket for the away fixture.

never said we,d sell it out but doesn't,t mean we have to give them 10k tickets

All true,some people just seen to think that "we're the tartan army" give us however many tickets we need,then moan when there's a big allocation at home,because it will fire the opposition up more.

Bizarre logic to say the least.

With the match taking place mid June I wouldn't be surprised if there's a friendly somewhere between the end off the season and the ROI match. Training camps are all well and good but the best part off a month with no game time is another matter.

Just a guess mind you but if that is the case I'd hope they could arrange and announce it well in advanced. I'll be on 5 after Poland so would be quietly confident off a Dublin ticket but any away friendlys inbetween would almost see me scunnered for a ticket

• 2 weeks later...

The North stand where away fans are housed holds 3k. If we get a part of the East stand like last time we could well be looking at 4-5k tickets seeing everyone down to 4/3 points is ok for a ticket. Going by seating plans at Parkhead, most of the Lisbon LIons stand has been blanked out for away fans, but obviously there will be a buffer zione. But that will still give Ireland like 5.5-6k tickets at Parkhead I'd estimate.....so hopefully SSC have come to some sort of deal with them for our allocation over there too.

Edited by Dodgypie

The North stand where away fans are housed holds 3k. If we get a part of the East stand like last time we could well be looking at 4-5k tickets seeing everyone down to 4/3 points is ok for a ticket. Going by seating plans at Parkhead, most of the Lisbon LIons stand has been blanked out for away fans, but obviously there will be a buffer zione. But that will still give Ireland like 5.5-6k tickets at Parkhead I'd estimate.....so hopefully SSC have come to some sort of deal with them for our allocation over there too.

It was reported a while back that ROI were getting 3200 tickets for Parkhead ie 5%

5500 had applied for tickets.

So cant see us getting more than 5% at Aviva.

It was reported a while back that ROI were getting 3200 tickets for Parkhead ie 5%

5500 had applied for tickets.

So cant see us getting more than 5% at Aviva.

At the bottom of this article, it says Ireland have managed to secure another 3200 tickets. So hopefully we'll get something similar. http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/european-championships/diehards-celebrate-georgia-win-in-euro-2016-qualifier-30569225.html

Edited by Dodgypie

Based on me attending home competitive games in the new lansdowne Rd since it was built - I expect Scotland to get a part of the lower east stand at the north end of the stadium as well as the north stand - which will give ye guys btwn 4.5-5k tickets easily

German ,Swedish and Austria fans were housed in the east lower in our last campaign , along with Russian fans in the campaign before that - if the T.A are bringing a big group then i fully expect the F.A.I to allocate ye the same stadium sections

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising